Saved state of the SLEW function not working after synth restart - BUG?

Hi, if anybody knows the trick how to save sequence tracks with "slew" function turned on the way they would still work in slew mode after turning pro3 off, please let me know. It never worked for me and i just can't believe nobody would report this as a bug. Turning the synth on, i can find red light of the slew button nicely lit, but the selected sequence track will not respond to the saved state until repressing the slew button. No way to repeat repressing all slew positions for all the tracks in all the saved programs before the concert starts. Anybody? (... allways the latest firmware since a year and a half ...)

chysn

Re: Saved state of the SLEW function not working after synth restart - BUG?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 11:10:40 AM »
This also happens with the presets that use Slew, like Step'n Bass. It behaves really weird until you press the Slew button twice. It's not even that it's lacking Slew... the notes are wrong.

Did you report this to Sequential? If it's just here in this forum post, they probably won't see it.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 09:42:33 AM »
Thanx for confirmation, did not know officials  at Sequential are not reading this forum - so i had just quoted the same notice as technical request. For own creative use i find slew incredibly useful to sketch curves for various modulations / cc and alike. Though it breaks out of continuous curve if steps are prolonged (as ties) or repeated. Not a believer something will change no matter when the next firmware update would appear. I didn't try it out yet would a program sent from Soundtower editor rewoke the expected state.

chysn

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 10:36:12 AM »
Thanx for confirmation, did not know officials  at Sequential are not reading this forum

Well, sometimes they seem to, but I wouldn't count on it if you want to bring something to their attention.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his