Naming presets with PC

Naming presets with PC
« on: February 26, 2023, 12:41:43 AM »
Hi,

What do you think about this idea :
- Being able to rename a preset that you have just created on the computer with the keyboard?

To tell the truth, renaming a preset that you have just created on the PRO3 is long and it can create a break in the creation process, when you are on an idea, it is better to be able to quickly rename and save and quickly return to this idea.

To the point that on my side, I never rename the presets that I create.
All my presets are called "init program".
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

chysn

Re: Naming presets with PC
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 05:01:55 AM »
To the point that on my side, I never rename the presets that I create.
All my presets are called "init program".

Ha ha! Same here! To find an available slot, I just find the first one that’s not called “BASIC PROGRAM”.

I actually needed to name a patch yesterday, since I’m writing some music for my son’s video game. I couldn’t remember how to do it.

When I finally figured it out, I was annoyed by the process. But it’s really par for the course for synths.

For me, though, it’s not about actually setting the patch name; I don’t like thinking up patch names in the first place.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Re: Naming presets with PC
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 02:55:59 AM »
I have not tested it, but I think that the Free/Donationware KnobKraft Orm allows you to name presets from its GUI on PC/Mac/Linux.