Has anybody...

Has anybody...
« on: February 25, 2023, 08:21:58 PM »
had any success with swapping in a larger internal hard drive? 50GBs is just not enough space for the existing libraries out there and any I want to make/add myself.

Re: Has anybody...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 05:15:00 AM »
It would also be useful to be able to replace the internal samples. I probably use @1% of them ...

Stephen

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 05:23:39 AM »
I think that this has been discussed in the past and the conclusion, if I remember correctly, was that the formatting of the drive is proprietary and that it isn’t possible to do. Pity.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 10:24:20 AM »
Just an observation for the original poster.  If you want to attract other members to the topic of this thread, you might want to find a better title for it.  The current title says nothing at all.  Let a moderator know and we'll change it for you.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 10:09:27 AM »
I think that this has been discussed in the past and the conclusion, if I remember correctly, was that the formatting of the drive is proprietary and that it isn’t possible to do. Pity.

It has been discussed but not conclusively.  I haven't had time to dig into it further, but I don't believe it's a ground-up custom filesystem as that's a huge undertaking.  Chances are it's something suited to embedded usage for whatever the underlying operating system is.  QNX?  A more modern Linux flavor?

A clean slate would probably not suit the instrument's needs.  You'd have to recreate whatever was on the original drives which includes the full factory sample set - and that starts to get into thorny territory with 8DIO's licensing of these samples, which could well be why Sequential hasn't had anything to say on the subject.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 01:18:55 AM »
had any success with swapping in a larger internal hard drive? 50GBs is just not enough space for the existing libraries out there and any I want to make/add myself.Donkey Kong

It depends on the purpose, and which drives are the biggest and fastest.