Feature Request: Sequencer Standalone

W07

Feature Request: Sequencer Standalone
« on: February 23, 2023, 06:21:18 PM »
I was just thinking how amazing it would be if one could disconnect the sequencer from the voice triggering/playback.
This way you would be able to use the sequencer just for clocked/stepped modulation of parameters, or being able to drive an external synth with cv sequencing, while still being able to play the Pro3 soundengine over it live.

That is my no1 feature request. Doesn't seem to difficult or unrealistic to implement, But it would really increase the versatility. Of course the cv pitch output would need to be quantised.

Being able to have the sequencer run free and gated in this mode would allow you to have ext backing  sequences that only play when you are holding down notes!

Re: Feature Request: Sequencer Standalone
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 11:17:29 PM »
I was just thinking how amazing it would be if one could disconnect the sequencer from the voice triggering/playback.
This way you would be able to use the sequencer just for clocked/stepped modulation of parameters, or being able to drive an external synth with cv sequencing, while still being able to play the Pro3 soundengine over it live.

That is my no1 feature request. Doesn't seem to difficult or unrealistic to implement, But it would really increase the versatility. Of course the cv pitch output would need to be quantised.

Being able to have the sequencer run free and gated in this mode would allow you to have ext backing  sequences that only play when you are holding down notes!

Pretty sure this is already possible as detailed on page 76 of the manual: “turning off the sequencer’s “notes” track”.