Velocity Response Curves not available

Velocity Response Curves not available
« on: February 19, 2023, 07:42:41 AM »
So I have a new prophet 6, that supposedly is running 1.7.7 according to the boot screen, and I'm having trouble accessing the velocity response curves.  I go to the second page of globals and hit 5 and all I see is - - -

Same thing happening with aftertouch response curve.

Am I missing something.  I didn't want to reload the OS as the newest download is only 1.7.5.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: Velocity Response Curves not available
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 10:28:05 AM »
So I have a new prophet 6, that supposedly is running 1.7.7 according to the boot screen, and I'm having trouble accessing the velocity response curves.  I go to the second page of globals and hit 5 and all I see is - - -

Same thing happening with aftertouch response curve.

Am I missing something.  I didn't want to reload the OS as the newest download is only 1.7.5.  Thanks in advance for any help!
Are you missing a keyboard perhaps?

The desktop doesn’t have velocity curve settings.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 11:59:15 AM »
Ahh.. ok, that makes sense I guess.  I was thinking it would effect how it would interpret the velocity messages from my midi controller.

So on a different note, I notice that there are a few other parameters that can be adjusted on the 3rd page of the Global menu when you choose preset buttons 0-3.  I know 04 is for enabling vintage mode, but I don't see any documentation on 0-3.  One of the parameters reads bi or uni, so I'm wondering if this is an option for the LFO...

Anyone know what these are for?

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 12:37:08 AM »
Ahh.. ok, that makes sense I guess.  I was thinking it would effect how it would interpret the velocity messages from my midi controller.

So on a different note, I notice that there are a few other parameters that can be adjusted on the 3rd page of the Global menu when you choose preset buttons 0-3.  I know 04 is for enabling vintage mode, but I don't see any documentation on 0-3.  One of the parameters reads bi or uni, so I'm wondering if this is an option for the LFO...

Anyone know what these are for?
The others are MPE. There should be an addendum document included with the download folder for that OS update.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 05:03:07 AM »
Got it!  Thanks!  :D

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 08:17:14 AM »
In a flustered flurry, I got excited to see that the op was running firmware 1.7.7 and a little puzzled that I hadn't heard of it's release, especially since I visit the P6 forum daily. After checking the stickies at the top of the P6 forum page and Sequential's support page I could not find this version so ... either it doesn't exist (yet) or it's really well hidden. As far as I can tell, firmware version 1.7.5 is the latest. Please advise.

Keith
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 08:18:46 AM by thirteen_engines »
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

the8bitdeity

• Ham handed synth enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 01:34:48 PM »
Quite possibly a revision they made for the factory, maybe they had to exchange a part out. Not uncommon in manufacturing engineering.
Kijimi, Xerxes mk2, OB6D, P6D, Prophet 5D (expanded), OB-X8D, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, Wavestate, MS20D, A4mk2, ARmk2, MC202, Avalon, Syntakt, Octatrack, NLDR, H9000, Digitone, Deckard's Dream mk2, Isi-Nin, Roland System 500 + other Eurorack