Oberhiem SEM

Oberhiem SEM
« on: February 18, 2023, 08:26:05 PM »
Does anyone use a Oberhiem SEM? I remember them being reintroduced not sure what year. I think they were around $900
at the time. I’ve seen them used for sale $3500 currently.  Seems like price gouging. I’m sure they sound great .
Was interested in knowing what users think the pros and cons are of the SEM . I’ve seen  other offerings that are similar
To the SEM. I just can’t remember the name Thanks

Re: Oberhiem SEM
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 07:29:07 AM »
I had one and sold it.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 08:21:07 PM »
Why did you sell it if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 06:12:15 AM »

Long story. Had a bad experience with ordering from Oberheim and got an SEM Pro as a compromise purchase when my Two Voice Pro order wasn’t fulfilled so it was a bit tainted for me and wasn’t using it much.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 07:11:43 PM »

Long story. Had a bad experience with ordering from Oberheim and got an SEM Pro as a compromise purchase when my Two Voice Pro order wasn’t fulfilled so it was a bit tainted for me and wasn’t using it much.
That two voice was nice and very expensive. They go for a lot used if you can find one.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 09:19:35 PM »

That two voice was nice and very expensive. They go for a lot used if you can find one.

Don’t remind me.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2023, 06:33:24 AM »
Sorry for your bad experience. I slways liked the oberhiem eight voice but read that it was difficult to tune each SEM. The OBX and OBXA and OB8 didn’t have that have tuning problems like the eight voice did. I used to have a OBXA that I had purchased used for $500 dollars back in the day. The price for those now is astronomical. It seems everything vintage suffers from that. People buy them to flip them
And drive the price up and make it unobtainable for most. It happened with the Moog Voyager. If I had to purchase one now I wouldn’t be able to afford it.  I got mine used when I heard they were being discounted.  Fortunately I got the OBX8 so that will have to suffice . Every analog vintage analog
Synth I regret getting rid of although who’s to say if it would be working after all those years. I had a sequential circuits PRO1 as well. I have the sequential PRO3 . It’s probably for the better that I have modern analog synths.