Question about Pro 3 SE

Re: Question about Pro 3 SE
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2024, 11:44:33 AM »
Regarding the encoder "skipping" issue, is this a hardware or firmware issue? My program encoder sometimes skips or doubles when it should go to the next program while other times it works just fine. My firmware and panel OS are up to date. 

This is my second Pro 3 and the first one had to go back because it created a wash of noise after it heated up - serial number in the 16xx. If it matters, the current one I have is in the 18xx range. I've always wanted a Sequential Pro, but I am wondering if things are always this buggy or if I am just having a bad run of luck.

I am on the same boat here. I've read all threads about the program knob, mine is doing the same thing as yours, and I believe the frequency when it happens is similar. My main problem is figuring out what is going on because I only have 6 months of warranty left. I bought mine 6 months ago because of a deal I couldn't turn down (bought new from dealer).
Now, I started using it in a serious manner and found that the program knob is acting up.

I am planning to buy a Take 5 soon, but I am afraid that it could have similar issues (anyone can elaborate more on that? Does it have similar issues?!). So far, only the program knob is doing that.

Sorry for the long writing I just want to give some context and vent a bit.

Is this a hardware or software issue? Where I can check for the Panel firmware version? I can only see the Main firmware version when I press the global button. Serial range of my unit 17xx

Thanks in advance!

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2024, 12:33:53 PM »
Hi there Mechanical Wave. I recommend opening a ticket with support@sequential.com. This is not likely to be a hardware issue.
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2024, 11:41:39 PM »
I have both Pro 3 (regular) and Take 5, and don't have any issues with either. The first Pro 3 I bought had issues, but I returned it and got a more recent build, which seems to be pretty good.

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2024, 08:55:54 AM »
Hi there Mechanical Wave. I recommend opening a ticket with support@sequential.com. This is not likely to be a hardware issue.

If it is a software issue, I wonder why it hasn't been addressed in some way. Having already sent back a Pro 3 because of a massive noise issue in the output section, I am wondering if I want to go through sending back another for an encoder when it might just need a few lines of code to fix.

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2024, 03:07:04 PM »
I have both Pro 3 (regular) and Take 5, and don't have any issues with either. The first Pro 3 I bought had issues, but I returned it and got a more recent build, which seems to be pretty good.

I am wondering what should I do. I will open a ticket the thing is I am pretty busy right now, and I don't have time to follow up on that (and by that I mean fiddling with firmware updates etc.). It's strange that just the program knob is acting up like that.