Jaspers stands

jg666

Jaspers stands
« on: February 15, 2023, 12:45:03 AM »
Does anyone own any Jaspers keyboard stands? If so what are your opinions of them in use and setting up etc?

I'm still considering getting a 3 tier one to replace a current 2 tier stand and I believe the Jaspers stands allow me to buy extra support arms so I could convert one of the tiers to take 2 small synths side by side.

Also, if anyone from the UK has bought one of these stands, I'd be interested to know where you got them from.

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

LPF83

Re: Jaspers stands
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 04:53:21 AM »
Does anyone own any Jaspers keyboard stands? If so what are your opinions of them in use and setting up etc?

I'm still considering getting a 3 tier one to replace a current 2 tier stand and I believe the Jaspers stands allow me to buy extra support arms so I could convert one of the tiers to take 2 small synths side by side.

Also, if anyone from the UK has bought one of these stands, I'd be interested to know where you got them from.

I'm in the USA and not the UK, but I do own a 4-tier Jaspers stand and I did exactly what you said, added additional support arms to one of the tiers to hold modules.  I ordered it directly from Jaspers, because Thomann (which also sells to USA customers and I believe was the only major retailer at the time to offer in the US) did not have the particular model I wanted available on their site at the time.  Those two options are available to you there in the UK as well (direct from Jaspers or Thomann).

If you add extra support arms to it, be sure to consider the length of the arms before ordering -- you may want to wait to order arms until you get the stand setup and really think about how you want things laid out and confirm with a measuring tape.  For small synths with full size keys, you may want full length arms, for modules or mini key synths you may want shorter arms to get the ergonomics of your setup right.

In terms of the product itself -- very sturdy and assembly was cake.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

jg666

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 06:25:31 AM »
Excellent. Thanks very much for your reply :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

jg666

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 04:04:47 AM »

I'm in the USA and not the UK, but I do own a 4-tier Jaspers stand and I did exactly what you said, added additional support arms to one of the tiers to hold modules.  I ordered it directly from Jaspers, because Thomann (which also sells to USA customers and I believe was the only major retailer at the time to offer in the US) did not have the particular model I wanted available on their site at the time.  Those two options are available to you there in the UK as well (direct from Jaspers or Thomann).

If you add extra support arms to it, be sure to consider the length of the arms before ordering -- you may want to wait to order arms until you get the stand setup and really think about how you want things laid out and confirm with a measuring tape.  For small synths with full size keys, you may want full length arms, for modules or mini key synths you may want shorter arms to get the ergonomics of your setup right.

As a matter of interest, which model did you get? I’m thinking about one of the models with wheels on the bottom but not sure how stable they would be in use. I am currently standing everything on carpet so it should be OK.

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 04:51:21 AM »

As a matter of interest, which model did you get? I’m thinking about one of the models with wheels on the bottom but not sure how stable they would be in use. I am currently standing everything on carpet so it should be OK.

Mine is the 4R-105B (the B is for black, which I wanted as I prefer non-reflective surfaces).  It looks like Thomann not only has this in stock now, but it has returned to the price I paid a few years back direct from Jaspers.  Jaspers prices are a bit higher, but not as high as they were the last time I looked... There was an aluminum shortage for a while and prices went up substantially but seem to have settled back somewhat.

I also wanted wheels, because in my studio room there is a closet and some additional space behind the stand, and it is nice to be able to simply pivot the stand quickly to be able to get easier access to everything behind it.  The casters are lockable so the wheels don't introduce any stability, even on wood floors.  Even if the wheels aren't locked I don't think it will move during typical playing, the weight of the keyboards alone would keep it in place.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

jg666

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 05:47:45 AM »
Excellent. Thanks once again :)

LPF83

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 06:59:43 AM »
Excellent. Thanks once again :)

Glad to be able to help!