$ 3500 Budget

$ 3500 Budget
« on: February 11, 2023, 04:43:25 PM »
If you had a $3500 dollar budget and you could get only one of the four which one would you choose and why?
These synths are all the same price if I’m correct . OB6 vs Prophet6 vs Trigon 6  vs Prophet5 rev4. I’m trying to get some perspective from others that may have one or all of these synths.  Different features , different synths same price.  Thanks
I probably would exclude getting the OB6 since I have the OBX8 already. Im interested in the prophet5 rev4 but would like
Some insight on the other synths pros and cons  sometimes I think I’m swayed because of nostalgia with the prophet5rev 4
And these other synths have features and a sonic signature  that is considered more modern. I’ve listened to the demos of each but  haven’t had the advantage of playing them in person. I choose the OBX8 because of my past experience with the OBXA many years ago and regretted selling it but thought the new OBX8 would suffice since it has the character of the other
Oberhiem  synths all in one with some modern features added. Thanks

chysn

Re: $ 3500 Budget
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 06:08:53 PM »
My personal view is, if I didn't have two kids in college this year, I'd find the Trigon 6 pretty damn compelling.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 06:16:42 PM »
If you had a $3500 dollar budget and you could get only one of the four which one would you choose and why?
These synths are all the same price if I’m correct . OB6 vs Prophet6 vs Trigon 6  vs Prophet5 rev4. I’m trying to get some perspective from others that may have one or all of these synths.  Different features , different synths same price.  Thanks
I probably would exclude getting the OB6 since I have the OBX8 already. Im interested in the prophet5 rev4 but would like
Some insight on the other synths pros and cons  sometimes I think I’m swayed because of nostalgia with the prophet5rev 4
And these other synths have features and a sonic signature  that is considered more modern. I’ve listened to the demos of each but  haven’t had the advantage of playing them in person. I choose the OBX8 because of my past experience with the OBXA many years ago and regretted selling it but thought the new OBX8 would suffice since it has the character of the other
Oberhiem  synths all in one with some modern features added. Thanks

If I had to give up every other synth, I would keep my P10 Rev4.  There is just something about it.  But I do run it through premium FX pedals.  The P6 has some built in FX as does the OB6, and while not as good as premium external pedals, the total feature set needs to be taken into consideration when choosing one or the other, depending on what you're planning to run it through.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 08:41:22 PM »
I’m probably going to get the Eventide H90  and use it mainly with my OBX8. I have the voyager connected to a Roland
RE 201 Space Echo pedal. I don’t use any other effects . I guess I could route the Sequential Pro3 to the eventide H90 since it has dual stereo ins and outs. I notice the character of the OBX8 doesn’t really need much. I just want to add a small amount of some what the Eventide algorithms have to offer. The H90 is like having two H9s.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 11:57:40 AM »
If you already have an OBX8 then a Prophet 5 REV 4 would be the perfect partner for it as you'll essentially have two of the most classic analog polysynth names. The other options are more modern incarnations of vintage gear with new features and a wider pallet of sounds (which is something I prefer personally).

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 06:51:41 PM »
Yes it would be cool to have both. Only time will tell  I have other synths I could sell,  but when I think of what I would get for them money wise it seems to me it would be better to just keep them and use them instead of selling them . I have a rare ensoniq fizmo that’s almost virgin , I only played it once.  I’ve seen the prices people are asking and mine is mint or as close to new as you would get in 2023.  If I could get what a new prophet5 rev4  goes for I’d sell it. It would be a good opportunity for someone that is looking for that synth.  I didn’t know there was a following for that synth. The rack version of the fizmo  Ive seen go as high as $9000. Crazy There were even less of those made. That fizmo is from 1997.