When is the next update?

When is the next update?
« on: February 10, 2023, 10:57:06 PM »
When is the next update?
More update? It's been over a year with no updates!

Frankly ?
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

Re: When is the next update?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 08:14:27 AM »
When is the next update?

Frankly ?

I'm looking forward to it too. It's been awhile I'm waiting for the Step Editing Mode that's doesn't save.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 09:57:57 AM »
When is the next update?

Frankly ?

I'm looking forward to it too. It's been awhile I'm waiting for the Step Editing Mode that's doesn't save.

Sell ​​synth (take 5, Trigon, OBX-8) that they are fast ;)
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 10:48:51 AM »
Why do people as these questions?  (same on EVERY fsynthesiser forum).

1.  Only the Developers will know the answer, and there not sharing in case timelines slip.
2.  There may never be any FW updates...  These are not really FW driven synths.
3.  Never buy a synth thinking what it MIGHT be , only waht it IS at time of purchase.

Just seems that at present, everyone thinks about an update, and stresses if one doesnt come (or doesnt come quick enough).   GENERALLY fast update means bugs being fixed..... you dont want that as you dont want bugs lol.  Just enjoy synths for what they are....  If something new does come via a FW update then great, if not?  does it really matter?

chysn

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 01:21:44 PM »
If something new does come via a FW update then great, if not?  does it really matter?

It doesn't personally matter to me. I have a little list of pet wishes, but if they never come, I'll still be happy with my Pro 3.

On the other hand, there are companies that do updates pretty frequently, and putting a bit of pressure on Sequential to join their ranks isn't too off-base.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:24:12 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 01:53:43 PM »
I actually feel since the Focusrite merger some of Sequential's back catalog has been put on ice or viewed as abandonware at this point. Yes it's frustrating but I think unless an instrument isn't operating as intended or is faulty then it's not something to be hugely concerned with. If an update or more features are implemented, great but with the Focusrite merger, the release of an entirely different partner brand (Oberheim) and Dave's untimely passing, Sequential is simply trying to focus on how to best navigate and move forward before they start to pay attention to feature requests of past instruments.

It took forever for Novation to do a firmware update for the Summit....and they don't have the catalog Sequential does.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 06:36:08 PM »
I think some are forgetting that at least with 1.2, some big additions were made with patch morphing, etc. as well as the additional wavetables. I am happy with that for a little while unless my device is not working properly.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 06:05:43 AM »
I actually feel since the Focusrite merger some of Sequential's back catalog has been put on ice or viewed as abandonware at this point. Yes it's frustrating but I think unless an instrument isn't operating as intended or is faulty then it's not something to be hugely concerned with. If an update or more features are implemented, great but with the Focusrite merger, the release of an entirely different partner brand (Oberheim) and Dave's untimely passing, Sequential is simply trying to focus on how to best navigate and move forward before they start to pay attention to feature requests of past instruments.

It took forever for Novation to do a firmware update for the Summit....and they don't have the catalog Sequential does.

The Summit firmware took ages because Chris Hugget died and someone else probably had to learn all the code first.

I actually just found another Summit bug the other day which I reported - multi part octave transpositions apply a filter cutoff offset even when tracking is set to zero. This messes up patches when transposing.

I actually submitted a couple of Pro 3 feature requests the other day (explicit envelope stage curve adjustment and finer velocity control of envelopes). Worth submitting requests as if they get enough they may be motivated to add them.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2023, 11:22:37 PM »
I encounter a bug with the pro 3, which I have already mentioned on the forum. hence my post here.
The post went unanswered and no update is coming, in the erasure of a correction.
Can I contact support? Spend time solving a problem?

I remember a KORG device, which I bought in 2005 and I never had to go to a forum, not even contact support there. The device when it comes out works without any problem. The device, moreover, is still working in 2023!

But overall, the pro3 actually works, except for a few bugs that disappeared over time, but I still have one.

And now that Dave is gone... the updates went with it?
I have a Prophet 6 and in Rev2, and they too have been without an update for over a year.
Although I don't see a problem with them! Great that!

So Focusrite and the new boss and to drop, although "it works", the previous synth, in any case the pro 3 which is a good machine, but which surely still has bugs unfortunately.

Anyway, I think that Dave, through the Pro3, really leaves us his last jewel and I'm happy to make music with it... except when it bugs!! Ill
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 11:25:46 PM by lvbeethoven »
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt