Pro3 with external effects

Pro3 with external effects
« on: February 09, 2023, 07:23:24 PM »
Was wondering what pro3 users might be using as external effects or pedals? I’ve been considering the Eventide H90.
Was wondering what others are possibly using and would be interested in hearing what others have to say. Thanks

Re: Pro3 with external effects
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 10:20:17 AM »
I run my Pro3 (and other synths I use live) into the Radial Key Largo for mixing/effects send. In the effects send, I run a Mr. Black Stereo Vintage Ensemble, Source Audio Nemesis, Source Audio Ventris, and Strymon Deco. Used to also have an Earthquaker Devices Pyramids in the loop, but it wasn’t worth the real estate, as I just didn’t use it much. All synths have some degree of their signal sent through that effects send.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 10:23:15 AM »
Also, I used to have an H9 in said loop, but it was a bit overkill for just reverb, which was my favorite part of that unit. Now with the H90, and its option to have more than one effect simultaneously, I can definitely see the appeal. The price tag seems a bit over the top to me, though.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 08:27:50 PM »
Also, I used to have an H9 in said loop, but it was a bit overkill for just reverb, which was my favorite part of that unit. Now with the H90, and its option to have more than one effect simultaneously, I can definitely see the appeal. The price tag seems a bit over the top to me, though.
  Do you think the Eventide HR90 is worth it? For the asking price what other effects pedals might you suggest that competes with the HR90 Thanks

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 02:59:46 PM »
Kind of hard to say, as it really depends on what you plan to use it for, and how attached you are to the specific tones it can give you. I personally wouldn’t recommend paying that much for one without at least trying it, but to each their own.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 09:03:59 PM »
I would just use it for my obx8 and possibly my sequential pro3 since it has dual ins and outs in stereo.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 07:35:23 AM »
I run my Pro3 (and other synths I use live) into the Radial Key Largo for mixing/effects send. In the effects send, I run a Mr. Black Stereo Vintage Ensemble, Source Audio Nemesis, Source Audio Ventris, and Strymon Deco. Used to also have an Earthquaker Devices Pyramids in the loop, but it wasn’t worth the real estate, as I just didn’t use it much. All synths have some degree of their signal sent through that effects send.

Hey!

This is exactly how I run my synth setup. Except I use the Radial KL-8, basically the same thing as the Key Largo just more inputs and a stereo effects channel. It makes things so easy to control. Absolutely love the Key Largo and the KL-8. It’s not just for live it works wonders in the studio as well.

I’m running UA Effects, Strymon, and Empress. Not all at the same time but I swap in/out depending on my mood. Lol

I’d love to have the Source Audio Ventris and Nemesis. They were out of stock forever due to parts shortage. I see they are back in stock at the big retailers. I better snatch them up before they are gone again.

I have to admit my favorite synth trifecta is the UAFX pedals. The Golden Reverb, Starlight, and Astra are so easy to get a great sound and no menu diving. I might actually like them better than the Strymons. Although I don’t own a Deco. I hear it and the Dig are superb for synth.

Take care!

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2023, 10:14:23 PM »

Hey!

This is exactly how I run my synth setup. Except I use the Radial KL-8, basically the same thing as the Key Largo just more inputs and a stereo effects channel. It makes things so easy to control. Absolutely love the Key Largo and the KL-8. It’s not just for live it works wonders in the studio as well.

I’m running UA Effects, Strymon, and Empress. Not all at the same time but I swap in/out depending on my mood. Lol

I’d love to have the Source Audio Ventris and Nemesis. They were out of stock forever due to parts shortage. I see they are back in stock at the big retailers. I better snatch them up before they are gone again.

I have to admit my favorite synth trifecta is the UAFX pedals. The Golden Reverb, Starlight, and Astra are so easy to get a great sound and no menu diving. I might actually like them better than the Strymons. Although I don’t own a Deco. I hear it and the Dig are superb for synth.

Take care!
I ended up getting the Eventide Space . I’m trying to decide between the Strymon Timeline or the Bigsky.
Was wondering what pro3 users might be using as external effects or pedals? I’ve been considering the Eventide H90.
Was wondering what others are possibly using and would be interested in hearing what others have to say. Thanks

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 09:06:11 PM »
Has anyone used the strymons timeline looper? i read that the looper is long, i know the eventide timefactor competes with the timeline i wasnt sure if the timfactor had a looper or not. The timefactor costs more. havent had expirence with either.