OB6 Filter / Volume Pedal Inputs & Moog CP 251

OB6 Filter / Volume Pedal Inputs & Moog CP 251
« on: August 23, 2016, 11:35:14 PM »
Hi There

Got my OB6 some days ago and still blown away by this lovely synth. Now I have a question. I use a Moog CP 251 for my Little Phatty as a second LFO and noise source via the CV Inputs. Are the pedal inputs on the OB6 the same CV Inputs like for example on the Little Phatty? Can I plug the CP 251 to the Filter Pedal Input and control the Filter by the CP 251? Would be great to have at least another LFO on the Filter and use the OB6 LFO on a individual speed on other stuff. I have a Moog Pedal as well, I guess this will work anyway.

Well, my question is...are those filter/volume pedal INs normal CV inputs?

Thx for help-

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
Re: OB6 Filter / Volume Pedal Inputs & Moog CP 251
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 02:23:18 AM »
Hi There

Got my OB6 some days ago and still blown away by this lovely synth. Now I have a question. I use a Moog CP 251 for my Little Phatty as a second LFO and noise source via the CV Inputs. Are the pedal inputs on the OB6 the same CV Inputs like for example on the Little Phatty? Can I plug the CP 251 to the Filter Pedal Input and control the Filter by the CP 251? Would be great to have at least another LFO on the Filter and use the OB6 LFO on a individual speed on other stuff. I have a Moog Pedal as well, I guess this will work anyway.

Well, my question is...are those filter/volume pedal INs normal CV inputs?

Thx for help-

I've tried it and it works fine, in fact using the Sample and Hold on the filter and patching it in to the Lag, gives some great movement.  That's one feature I would love to see on the OB6, the ability to change the LFO waveshape with Lag.  Anyway, only problem I have found is using a Foot Controller into the cp251, then into the filter...for some reason the Pitch goes out...Is a Moog EP3
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 02:51:44 AM »
Ok, cool. I was afraid, that something could break or damage on the filter settings. I'm not really good with this whole CV stuff, so I was no sure. I have as well the moog pedal, have to check how it works.

This means this Filter Pedal IN is a normal CV in and I can use any CV modulators on it?

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 12:28:18 AM »
Ok, cool. I was afraid, that something could break or damage on the filter settings. I'm not really good with this whole CV stuff, so I was no sure. I have as well the moog pedal, have to check how it works.

This means this Filter Pedal IN is a normal CV in and I can use any CV modulators on it?

The difference is that with an expression pedal, power is sent to it from the Synth and then back in, the voltage changes with movement of the pedal, this is why expression pedals come with a TRS Jack cable...Just use a T/S Mono cable from the CP251 to the Filter in...You could look at geting a Electro Harmonix 8 Step Sequencer, not great for notes as it's not quantized, but sticking it through for a filter or volume is awesome!
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.