Morphing feature

Morphing feature
« on: February 05, 2023, 04:18:41 PM »
Was there a  OS update that gave the sequential pro3 the capability to morph between patches or something to that effect? Wasn’t sure if I was remembering that correctly. I’ve never updated my pro3
I’m always weary of updates changing the way a synth behaves since it’s not always for the better
thanks

chysn

Re: Morphing feature
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 12:37:12 AM »
Yes, update to the latest and you’ll have the morph functionality.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 03:34:39 AM »
Newest OS update for the Pro3 is pretty good [1.2.0.4].
The Morphing feature/function isn't convenient, but you can assign it any available knob. (I always use "Value")

So yes, morphing works great.
Though I find it easier to use the Touch Slider for X and the Mod wheel for Y (turning off the Vibrato) to achieve large changes to my patch.

But!, there are two system updates!  1: Main OS, and 2: Interface/Panel.
[*Do NOT update these systems lightly!  You can brick your synth, or lose your patches!]

Check for updates from Sequential:
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/board,40.0.html

Last I've seen was, #1: the OS update (Pro3_Main_1.2.0.4),
and #2: an "interface update", Pro3Panel_v1.1.0.13.

Note: the panel updates can act very differently.  The way they react to the panel dials, especially...  - "Not switching all of the time." or "Switching values more than I turned the knob." (Sorry I can' t remember which is which.)

-- Also, when installing, make sure and wait for the update to finish!.. then wait more!  It's slow.
Then verify it(!), because the whole Sysex thing is pretty weak and unreliable. I've lost patches.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 04:10:41 AM by Elric »
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 08:54:28 AM »
Yes, update to the latest and you’ll have the morph functionality.
  I’ve never updated before. I have an ipadpro. I would assume I download it to the ipadpro and then send it to the sequential pro3? Wasn’t sure of how to go about doing this. Years ago I would send patches via system exclusive to synths. I just wasn’t sure of what hardware I might need to download and import to the sequential pro3 . Wasn’t sure if I needed to connect a cable via usb to accomplish this. I don’t know if I have to have that adapter for the iPad Pro. I’m dawless and don’t have a audio interface. Many years ago I had a musicquest roland compliment device  I would hook up to the printer port.. universal serial buss was just being introduced . This was way before iPads and iPhones. I was using a pentium then. This is ancient history. I had 24 tracks of adats and hard disk recording like pro tools was all the rage.  So I’m not really current with what is being used nowadays.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 11:58:52 AM »
I would do it from a computer.