USB Prophet 6 & Ableton: automatically returns to program 00 when i press play

Hello,

I have a problem with the Prophet 6.
It is connected to a PC running Windows 10 (updated) and is used with Ableton Live 11 (updated)
The Prophet 6 is connected via USB with Ableton which allows it to receive and send data.

The following problem is encountered since yesterday.
When I press play in Ableton, the program selected on the Prophet 6 (ex: 258) automatically returns to program 00.
I have never encountered this problem before.

I'm not sure what to do after a few tries.

Thank you for your attention ;)
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

LPF83

Hello,

It is connected to a PC running Windows 10 (updated) and is used with Ableton Live 11 (updated)
The Prophet 6 is connected via USB with Ableton which allows it to receive and send data.

When I press play in Ableton, the program selected on the Prophet 6 (ex: 258) automatically returns to program 00.

disable program change on the synth, or filter in the DAW?
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Hello,

Thank you for that answer,
That's what I tried to do, but couldn't find or disable program change on the Prophet 6
How to disable program change?
It's still weird this situation, I haven't changed anything and now this change is happening.
I'll look around Ableton.
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070489-Sending-Program-Change-messages-from-Live
It is possible that the problem comes from Ableton.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 09:16:52 AM by lvbeethoven »
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

LPF83

Hello,

Thank you for that answer,
That's what I tried to do, but couldn't find or disable program change on the Prophet 6
How to disable program change?
It's still weird this situation, I haven't changed anything and now this change is happening.
I'll look around Ableton.
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070489-Sending-Program-Change-messages-from-Live
It is possible that the problem comes from Ableton.

Thanks

Apologies, one of the issues with lots of gear is confusing what gear can do what.  It looks like I'm mostly filtering program changes in my DAW setup at the moment.  I would have sworn I had done that on my Sequential instruments, but it's possible I came up with some interim workaround that accomplished the same goal.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

I had a similar problem while using Cubase a few years ago. Pushing play to listen to a midi track on my synth resulted in a program change to 00. It turned out to be a (very well hidden) program change command in the midi track. I've since found that I can just turn off program change in Cubase. Perhaps Ableton will do the same?

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

I had a similar problem while using Cubase a few years ago. Pushing play to listen to a midi track on my synth resulted in a program change to 00. It turned out to be a (very well hidden) program change command in the midi track. I've since found that I can just turn off program change in Cubase. Perhaps Ableton will do the same?

Keith

Thank you for your answers.
Indeed the problem comes from Ableton, but not directly from Ableton.
It is by importing a midi file from Avid Sibelius (score editor) which, when importing, places the program of the imported midi track on 1 by default.
This has the effect once in Ableton of forcing the return to the 1st program when the midi data is sent to the Prophet 6 (program 00).

Simply disable the function directly in the options offered by Ableton (clip> launch>pgm--), of the imported midi sequence to disable the command.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 12:59:01 AM by lvbeethoven »
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt