Bug in the Take 5 Beta OS

tomcc

Bug in the Take 5 Beta OS
« on: February 01, 2023, 02:11:57 AM »
I updated to the latest Beta version and all is good. I loaded some patches I purchased and they went into the user banks 
 1 thru 8 patches 1 thru 16 all good . I copied these to banks 9thru to G (16) no problems then loaded another patch list into user banks 1 thru 8. All good . Now have all user banks loaded 1thru 16 patches 1 thru 16. 256 patches total.
When I go into Factory banks 1 thru 8 have Sequential factory patches total 128 factory patches.
When I go into Factory patch banks 9 thru to G (16) they are duplicate of what I have in the user banks.
If I make any changes and save to user banks 9 thru 16 they overwrite factory sound banks 9 thru 16.
So effectively the Factory banks 9 thru 16 are the same as user banks 9 thu 16.
 Has any one else found this to be the case or am I orbiting my own planet??
Please let me know if Im doing something wrong or is this a bug .
Cheers Tom
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 02:44:01 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

doudou26

• owner of a Prophet 6 and a Take 5
Re: Factory bank same as User bank
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 04:38:40 PM »
yes it's the same for me, and when I try to access banks 9-16 in factory mode, factory led turns off...

That's why I created this thread :
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,6844.0.html
you should read it there are replies and tips, I'ven't already tried (lack of time)

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 12:49:45 AM »
After some testing I can confirm the extended factory banks and the extended user banks are mirrored. Whatever you put in one gets mirrored in the other. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature but I hope it gets fixed, otherwise it would be rather disappointing.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 09:57:29 AM »
After some testing I can confirm the extended factory banks and the extended user banks are mirrored. Whatever you put in one gets mirrored in the other. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature but I hope it gets fixed, otherwise it would be rather disappointing.
Confirmed also on my side.
This is clearly a bug or at least not a feature.

If there are no extended factory banks, we should not been able to select factory banks from 9 to 16/G.
If there are really 8 extended factory banks (9 to 16/G) as stated by cbmd on GearSpace, then they should be different from the user banks 9 to 16/G.

@tomcc,
I don't know if it's possible to edit the thread title to make it clear that this is a bug in the beta OS.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 03:03:19 AM »
Best thing is to email support directly with your findings/bug report. It’s the only guaranteed way it’ll get picked up.

tomcc

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 12:37:25 AM »
Cannot change topic title sorry. I have submitted  a bug report detailing what others have confirmed here.

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Bug in the Take 5 Beta OS
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 02:44:40 PM »
I've changed the title of the thread as desired.

tomcc

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 10:38:40 PM »
Cheers appreciate title change, hopefully we may see some future updates that address the issue

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2023, 10:24:47 AM »
I have submitted  a bug report detailing what others have confirmed here.
Hello,
Have you received a feedback / an answer from the support ?

tomcc

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 03:10:36 AM »
I may have found another bug. I tried the alt scales and the only one working is the 1st equal temp scale . All the others are blank or play the same note across the keyboard and have ddddddddddddd written in the screen window. I had tried them before update and they were populated . Now most blank or corrupt. HMMMM.
 No answer from support as yet

tomcc

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 08:08:47 PM »
Gus from support reached out and emailed the Alt tunings  sysex file which loaded fine. So if any one has similar issues reload the file and good to go

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2023, 10:23:06 PM »
Would you mind sharing this Alt tuning sysex file ?
Thanks.

tomcc

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2023, 02:32:31 AM »
Here it is
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 02:35:56 AM by tomcc »

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2023, 07:39:34 AM »
Where are Sequential representatives posting more often, here or on Gearspace? To me it seems the new firmware development has unfortunately been abandoned and the firmware developer is not posting here anymore. Does anyone have some more information?

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2023, 11:16:20 AM »
Hi there. I can verify that software development on the Take 5 has not been abandoned. You can keep an eye on the Take 5 forum subject thread to see when new public beta OS versions are released. The release of a public beta assures that we are currently working on a new production release, as is the case here.

Since we are a small company, we are generally quite busy with development of new instruments and OS updates for already released models.

Some of us post on GS, but you will find more frequent drop-ins here on our own forum.

I hope this helps.
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2023, 01:31:42 PM »
Hi there. I can verify that software development on the Take 5 has not been abandoned. You can keep an eye on the Take 5 forum subject thread to see when new public beta OS versions are released. The release of a public beta assures that we are currently working on a new production release, as is the case here.

Since we are a small company, we are generally quite busy with development of new instruments and OS updates for already released models.

Some of us post on GS, but you will find more frequent drop-ins here on our own forum.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, that's reassuring. I love my Take 5 and knowing that the firmware will be finalized and the small beta bugs will be eliminated is a great news. Keep up the good work!

tomcc

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2023, 07:46:18 PM »
Just completed the OS update to vers 2 and can confirm that the issue of having both extra banks as duplicates has been resolved.
 Once the latest update done and factory banks loaded they are the same initially but any saved changes only affects the user bank. The same as any Seq user banks. So this bug I reported on earlier has been sorted.
Thanks guys . Appreciate your efforts.

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2023, 03:28:48 PM »
Just completed the OS update to vers 2 and can confirm that the issue of having both extra banks as duplicates has been resolved.
 Once the latest update done and factory banks loaded they are the same initially but any saved changes only affects the user bank. The same as any Seq user banks. So this bug I reported on earlier has been sorted.
Thanks guys . Appreciate your efforts.

I've had the 2.0 update for about 2 weeks now.

MIDI problem with Logic Pro.  Using USB MIDI logic can read MIDI input, but does not output back to Take5.

Works fine with my other synths, including a Rev 2 so It's not a software issue.

I believe the problem is connected to the Soft MIDI Thru that is omitted from the new firmware.  In fact, MIDI Thru does not even exist anywhere in the global menus.

Please fix this issue quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Gary ;)

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2023, 04:55:28 PM »

MIDI problem with Logic Pro.  Using USB MIDI logic can read MIDI input, but does not output back to Take5.

Works fine with my other synths, including a Rev 2 so It's not a software issue.

I believe the problem is connected to the Soft MIDI Thru that is omitted from the new firmware.  In fact, MIDI Thru does not even exist anywhere in the global menus.

Thanks in advance.

Gary ;)

Hey Gary, my T5 with the v2 firmware works fine for me in Logic using the USB connection for MIDI. Are you sure you have the T5 set as the destination in the External MIDI plugin?

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2023, 06:49:00 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Gary ;)

Hey Gary, my T5 with the v2 firmware works fine for me in Logic using the USB connection for MIDI. Are you sure you have the T5 set as the destination in the External MIDI plugin?

I've tested and retested my MIDI configuration.

A recording made previously with the take 5 refuses toplay but I have the audio recorded as well and with audio muted, aven with take 5 soloed it can record MIDI but not play it back.  Also in my system Numa Compact 2x,  Prophet rev 2 16,  ASM hydrasynth,  Boss DR880, Behringer RD8, Alesis Samplepad Pro and Arturia Keystep Pro.

Everything behaves predictably except the Take 5.

Any other thoughts?

Gary...