TEMPEST BEATS MUTE STATES

TEMPEST BEATS MUTE STATES
« on: August 22, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »
Hi all,

Is there something possible about recalling the MUTE statements of the entire project ( also for the 16 beats ) while the sequencer is playing ?

It would be very handy. I guess that all of us  is using the MUTE page to go thru the track process .

To me sometimes I would need that if for example I made a combination between BEAT 1 to 4 while mute/unmute everything in these BEATS and then, want to go back to BEAT1 as it was at the beginning of the song with its mute statement recorded in the project.

Anybody  for a nice advice ,  or does it need to be implemented ?

thanks

Thom

Re: TEMPEST BEATS MUTE STATES
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 04:36:25 PM »
As far as I know not possible so far.

In the past I've asked for a switch to 'reset initial mute status' at beat level.
Very USEFUL for performance/jamming imo.

There is already an 'All on' mutes switch (not so useful in imo). but i suggest a ui preference could be introduced to change this to 'Reset' mutes.

Possible fiddly workaround for resetting mutes on a per beat basis:
On the Tempest set 'midi remote pad play' to control mutes. Then when required, trigger a pre-recorded sets of notes from an external sequencer to reset Tempest mute status.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:38:06 PM by Thom »

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 01:22:26 PM »

Very USEFUL for performance/jamming imo.

Yes !! Extremely useful for performance !!
I think more than one Idea has to be done with the MUTES FEATURE !!

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 12:33:32 PM »
+1 to Thom's suggestions. Perhaps another variation on this idea is that a U.I. preference might add this behaviour to the existing beat reset function, which occurs either by midi cc or by retriggering the current beat.

"Possible fiddly workaround for resetting mutes on a per beat basis:
      On the Tempest set 'midi remote pad play' to control mutes. Then when required, trigger a                                                       pre-recorded sets of notes from an external sequencer to reset Tempest mute status."

This is something I've wanted to do for ages, because then we can basically get 16 (or more) patterns out of one beat. I'm happy to write and share a Bomes MT or Puredata patch for this, but first the Bank B external midi control bug needs to be acknowledged and fixed. Please could anyone interested in this issue help confirm the bug? I've reported it on the bug thread.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 11:32:07 AM »
Thanks very much to Mr Linn for confirming this bug.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 04:26:19 PM »
I would even venture to save mute states per playlist entry. This way we Minimize unnecessary beats. .
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)