Knob-upgrade

Knob-upgrade
« on: January 30, 2023, 04:46:56 AM »
After finally upgrading from the perfectly adequate - but in my opinion a bit bland  ;D - Pro 3 standard to the much more flashy Pro 3 SE, I find myself somewhat let down that the knobs are the same on these two versions  :o

I know this have been discussed on here before, and some have even taken it on themselves to source aftermarket replacements from Amazon and the like; BUT! I seem to remember from the time I had my trusty old Mopho X4 that DSI offered a knob-upgrade for that synth?

Edit: https://www.sequential.com/product/mopho-x4-knob-kit/

(just in case someone from the team in SF happen to drop by  ;) ) : Would LOVE it if Sequential decided to do the same for Pro 3 / Pro 3 SE!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 05:13:38 AM by Anders »
Prophet 5 rev4
Moog Matriarch
Take 5
Moog Grandmother
Nord Electro 5

(Mopho X4, Prophet REV2 16, Prophet 6, OB6, PRO 3) ... as well as a pile of gear from other manufacturers

Re: Knob-upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 10:14:42 AM »
I'm thinking to do the same with my new Take 5. But this mopho upgrade pack its like a closed pack for that unit. Don't know if there's an exact information of the compatibles one (I mean size, etc.. ) or recommendation of good quality knobs to replace them and where to buy it.

For example, the Take 5 have 10 infinitive knobs, 34 standard knobs and the filter big one.

Re: Knob-upgrade
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 07:29:57 AM »
I actually chanced upon a Prophet 8 knob-replacement-pack, and tried fitting one of those to the newly acquired Take 5 - they fit the potentiometer-shaft in width, but the shafts on the Take 5 seem to be longer and with a design that wont let the P8 caps sit anywhere flush with the front plate of the synth... so I guess we would have to go down the 3rd party route... 
Prophet 5 rev4
Moog Matriarch
Take 5
Moog Grandmother
Nord Electro 5

(Mopho X4, Prophet REV2 16, Prophet 6, OB6, PRO 3) ... as well as a pile of gear from other manufacturers