Init behavior w/ vintage knob (T6, keyboard)

Init behavior w/ vintage knob (T6, keyboard)
« on: February 09, 2024, 10:10:12 AM »
This isn't the worst thing in the world, but whenever I set a patch to init (by holding preset and pressing write), the vintage knob "original value" remains set to whatever the setting was on the patch before I initialized it - specifically, whatever value was already saved for that preset slot. I don't have a desktop and can't verify if it happens there.

This can be confirmed by turning the vintage knob and looking for the small dot on the numerical display.

I believe the pan spread and distortion knobs work similarly - initializing a patch retains whatever the "saved" level was for that preset slot. I think all it is retaining is the dot, not the actual setting of the knob, but this is still strange behavior.

I saw this on firmware 1.1.1 and verified it continues to happen on 1.1.2.

Re: Init behavior w/ vintage knob (T6, keyboard)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 02:20:41 AM »
This isn't the worst thing in the world, but whenever I set a patch to init (by holding preset and pressing write), the vintage knob "original value" remains set to whatever the setting was on the patch before I initialized it - specifically, whatever value was already saved for that preset slot. I don't have a desktop and can't verify if it happens there.

This can be confirmed by turning the vintage knob and looking for the small dot on the numerical display.

I believe the pan spread and distortion knobs work similarly - initializing a patch retains whatever the "saved" level was for that preset slot. I think all it is retaining is the dot, not the actual setting of the knob, but this is still strange behavior.

I saw this on firmware 1.1.1 and verified it continues to happen on 1.1.2.

Please report that to support@sequential.com and someone from the team will investigate it and it’ll get fixed.