Prophet 6 + Logic Pro X Issue

Prophet 6 + Logic Pro X Issue
« on: August 22, 2016, 05:38:58 AM »
Hello, I recently installed a fresh copy of Logic Pro X and have noticed that there is something disrupting the Prophet 6 connected via USB (I never had this issue with Logic Pro 9 previously).

When Logic is on and I have Record Enabled on a track with an "External Instrument" plugin, there appears to be something that is preventing me from properly setting values on things like the OSC Frequency Knobs or like the Clock BPM. The LCD screen flickers but it seems to stay locked on to a certain value.

Any ideas what the issue might be or anything I could try to fix this?

The settings on my Prophet 6 are:
MIDI Channel = All
MIDI Clock = Off
Clock Port = USB
Param Xmit = CC
Param Rcv = CC
MIDI Control = ON
MIDI SysEx = USB
MIDI Out = USB

Thanks!
Maru

Re: Prophet 6 + Logic Pro X Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 06:51:35 AM »
Hello, I recently installed a fresh copy of Logic Pro X and have noticed that there is something disrupting the Prophet 6 connected via USB (I never had this issue with Logic Pro 9 previously).

When Logic is on and I have Record Enabled on a track with an "External Instrument" plugin, there appears to be something that is preventing me from properly setting values on things like the OSC Frequency Knobs or like the Clock BPM. The LCD screen flickers but it seems to stay locked on to a certain value.

Any ideas what the issue might be or anything I could try to fix this?

The settings on my Prophet 6 are:
MIDI Channel = All
MIDI Clock = Off
Clock Port = USB
Param Xmit = CC
Param Rcv = CC
MIDI Control = ON
MIDI SysEx = USB
MIDI Out = USB

Thanks!
Maru

Seams to be a Prophet OS Bug. See here http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,276.0.html

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 08:47:26 AM »
Hi Maru,

Sounds like a midi loop going on, have you tried turning off local control on the P6?

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 07:31:01 AM »
Thanks guys for the suggestions. Interestingly enough, I upgraded the P6 OS from 1.2.0 to 1.3.1 and it appears to have fixed the issue. No idea why since it worked just fine with Logic Pro 9 previously but am glad that it looks ok now.

DiScO

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 04:58:56 PM »
Thanks guys for the suggestions. Interestingly enough, I upgraded the P6 OS from 1.2.0 to 1.3.1 and it appears to have fixed the issue. No idea why since it worked just fine with Logic Pro 9 previously but am glad that it looks ok now.

Interesting, as 1.2.0 works fine for me in Logic X but 1.3.1 causes this exact problem. A suggestion by DSI support was to install some MIDI delay style application which was quite frankly an insult. I hope they're taking this seriously now.