HOLD button MIDI CC code transmit to Reason 12

HOLD button MIDI CC code transmit to Reason 12
« on: March 25, 2024, 01:02:02 PM »
Hiya,
Is there a Midi CC code switch for HOLD Button ON/OFF, cos when we recorded Arpeggio to REASON 12 Midi notes were sent to Reason BUT sound was only arpeggiated if the HOLD button was li/pressed.

If HOLD button not lit/pressed, playback on midi notes recorded were single notes.

I can control TAKE5 from Reason using CC codes, BUT I cannot see the CC code switch ON/OFF, for HOLD button.

Am I expecting too much???
Please explain.
thanks
tim

Re: HOLD button MIDI CC code transmit to Reason 12
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 01:38:08 PM »
Hey Tim,

What you can do is assign foot switch(Global 6. Foot Function) = Arp Hold.
Then use MIDI to trigger the foot switch function with
CC64 = 127 for on
CC64 = 0 for off.

How I learned this..
Set up your footswitch to Hold Arp. test it with your foot switch. Play a chord and press pedal = HOLD.
My footswitch (Korg PS-1) will momentarily engage HOLD while foot switch is pressed and ends HOLD when foot switch is released.

I recorded a short MIDI clip in Reaper - and on MIDI play back the T5 will play the chord and hold it for the duration of CC64=127 until CC64 =0

Of course, if you set  Global 6 Foot Function to something other than ARP Hold, like Sustain, Seq Start/Stop then those functions will play when CC64 =127

Global 6 Foot Function has ARP Hold, and ARP Hold Mom, but they both work momentarily for me.