Poly aftertouch to come?

Poly aftertouch to come?
« on: January 17, 2023, 06:37:18 AM »
Seeing that Fatar now make a 61-key poly aftertouch keybed, what are the chances that this will end up in a future Sequential synth?

Please, Sequential, make this happen! Would be wonderful.

Re: Poly aftertouch to come?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 09:27:28 PM »
It’s a good question and might depend on whether Native Instruments owns the license to it for their S-series controllers. It’s also an open question as to whether it might be a drop in replacement for the current Fatar keybeds. I’d love to mod my OB-6 if it is!

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 05:07:23 AM »
It’s a good question and might depend on whether Native Instruments owns the license to it for their S-series controllers. It’s also an open question as to whether it might be a drop in replacement for the current Fatar keybeds. I’d love to mod my OB-6 if it is!

There are at least two other companies in addition to NI who are using them (UDO and Waldorf). It’s not an exclusive deal.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 12:46:14 PM »
Yamaha just confirmed the new 88 key version of the new Montage will feature Polyphonic aftertouch.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 03:46:13 PM »
Yamaha just confirmed the new 88 key version of the new Montage will feature Polyphonic aftertouch.
But weirdly not on the two smaller versions. Such an odd design choice which will surely cause a lot of ire and head-scratching. Shame they didn’t see fit to have them in their suite at the UK Synthfest today. (I enjoyed their new finger-drum machines a lot.)

g3o2

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2023, 08:40:55 AM »
No one knows whether it is a design choice. It could be for any reason.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 11:56:13 AM »
No one knows whether it is a design choice. It could be for any reason.

It’s likely for marketing purposes perhaps. Entice people to go for the 88 Key flagship as it’s the most expensive out of the three.