Play the next sequencer slot automatically after the current one is finished

llest

Hi!

Is it possible to play the next sequencer slot automatically after the current one is finished?

More detailed description of what I mean: The sequencer is running, slot A is active. Slot A is played multiple times. Then, in the middle of the slot I press slot B. Slot A continues playing and slot B starts playing right after slot A finishes.
Currently, it would start playing slot B right when I would press slot B button.

Thanks!

Lauri

At the moment no. I have been asking for a “Sequencer queue” in an update for a while where you can press “B” while A is playing and have it queued up once A ends it’s duration.

chysn

I'd definitely get some enjoyment out of this kind of feature. It could be another use of the Cue button, perhaps; hold down Cue while pushing a sequence button, and it'll move to that sequence after the current one has finished.

Incidentally, I'd still love to see sequences selectable via MIDI.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

just to chime in, this would be a great feature.

Elric

• Peak Oil
I put in a wish a while back related to this...
========

-  Can we get a mode with 2x32 step sequences?  Instead of just 4x16 or 1x64...  Seems reasonable.

-  Can we get an sequence arrangement page?*  So I don't have to keep trying to hit the next button at the right time to make a "song" out of my parts?  (Like this...)

A  |  B  |  A  |  B  |  C  |  A  |  B  |  D  |   (Repeat on/off?)
  4  |  2  |  8   |  2  |  8  |  4  |  2   |  4  |

*Maybe just press 'PlayList' twice and it flashes and then controls the sequence parts?
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

Elric

• Peak Oil
I put in a wish a while back related to this...
========

-  Can we get a mode with 2x32 step sequences?  Instead of just 4x16 or 1x64...  Seems reasonable.

-  Can we get an sequence arrangement page?*  So I don't have to keep trying to hit the next button at the right time to make a "song" out of my parts?  (Like this...)

A  |  B  |  A  |  B  |  C  |  A  |  B  |  D  |   (Repeat on/off?)
  4  |  2  |  8   |  2  |  8  |  4  |  2   |  4  |

*Maybe just press 'PlayList' twice and it flashes and then controls the sequence parts?

I just thought of another feature/ability for this idea!

There should be a zero setting ["0"], besides A, B, C, D, - for going silent for a "length of the pattern length" (round?).
But it would keep time, to come back in.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 07:22:31 PM by Elric »
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.