1.0.0.22 aftertouch not working while in write mode

1.0.0.22 aftertouch not working while in write mode
« on: January 09, 2023, 07:27:52 AM »
I just received my Take 5, installed this latest beta firmware and started digging into the synth. While I have various remarks, there's one issue I think is a bug: I created a simple patch where AT is triggering filter and when I entered into write mode (a single "write" button press) the aftertouch was not working while in that mode, so playing the patch while there, or comparing it against other patches while in compare mode, is not very true to life because the AT-driven modulations would be missing. If I exit write mode (cancel or proceed with saving), then the aftertouch is working again.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 07:29:44 AM by CyberGene »

Re: 1.0.0.22 aftertouch not working while in write mode
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 02:46:52 PM »
there's one issue I think is a bug: I created a simple patch where AT is triggering filter and when I entered into write mode (a single "write" button press) the aftertouch was not working while in that mode, so playing the patch while there, or comparing it against other patches while in compare mode, is not very true to life because the AT-driven modulations would be missing.
Indeed, the Aftertouch is disabled when the "write mode" is activated, like the Pitch Bend, the Mod Wheel, and obviously all the pots.
This may be intended and not a bug.
But I agree that the Aftertouch, the Pitch Bend and the Mod Wheel modulations are part of the sound. So it would be great if they were not disabled within the "write mode".

Re: 1.0.0.22 aftertouch not working while in write mode
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 02:28:02 PM »
It’s the same on all Sequential synths. Write mode stops wheels and such working.