List of Sample Packs

List of Sample Packs
« on: January 09, 2023, 02:18:32 AM »
Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before.

Is there a list of available sample packs for the Prophet X anywhere?

In my searches I can only seem to find samples of synths and a couple of pianos.

Thanks!

Shaw

Re: List of Sample Packs
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 03:40:40 AM »
I can’t say whether it is definitive, but yehudarothschild.com has a list put together:  https://yehudarothschild.com/prophet-x-patches-samples/
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 09:15:46 AM »
Thank you Shaw!

It looks from that list that everything is synths plus a piano - except maybe the very first one ‘hypnotic pads’, but there is very little information there.

It seems to me that the available samples in regards non-synths/ pianos is virtually nil. It would be great to see some other instruments / ambiences / organic type stuff, but I guess that would not happen now.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 11:41:02 AM »
There are quite a few sample libraries that are available as raw samples, and those are relatively trivial to import into the Prophet X.  It might be your best bet for expanding the options available.

Shaw

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 03:58:13 AM »
Thank you Shaw!

It looks from that list that everything is synths plus a piano - except maybe the very first one ‘hypnotic pads’, but there is very little information there.

It seems to me that the available samples in regards non-synths/ pianos is virtually nil. It would be great to see some other instruments / ambiences / organic type stuff, but I guess that would not happen now.

You could import almost any sample / multi sample set you can find in a non-proprietary format.  There are sample sets out there in .wav format.  Those could be imported with very little effort.

EDIT:  … what Lady Gaia said….
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 02:30:43 AM »
Thanks Lady Gaia and Shaw!

How do you import the WAV files in non-PX format? Is that using the PX Toolkit?

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 09:38:46 AM »
That's PXToolkit's whole reason for existing.  It's intended to make it really easy to bring in raw samples (and it accepts a variety of formats, so you're good to even if you have some unusual sample rates, 24-bit source material, or samples in AIFF instead of WAV.)

Shaw

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 04:38:47 AM »
PX Toolkit is brilliant. Easier to use than 8dio’s utility, and (at least at the time I last did samples) it is more capable.

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 08:41:34 AM »
PX Toolkit is brilliant. Easier to use than 8dio’s utility, and (at least at the time I last did samples) it is more capable.

PX Toolkit is a very elegant piece of software that puts 8Dio's efforts to shame.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.