Resonance compensation?

Resonance compensation?
« on: January 07, 2023, 06:38:25 PM »
I understand that the ladder filter used in the Trigon 6 is based on the Pro 3's ladder filter which offers the option for resonance compensation to maintain bass frequencies when the resonance is increased. Can the Trigon 6 do this?

J_P_P

Re: Resonance compensation?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 02:15:47 PM »
 Have not seen anything in the Manual, about it

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 08:21:20 PM »
Would be an odd omission

J_P_P

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 02:39:14 PM »
Does not seem to exist.

chysn

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 06:07:45 PM »
I've always been slightly annoyed that resonance compensation defaults to ON on Pro 3's init patch. You want the Real Ladder Filter Experience, don't you?  :)
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 07:14:20 PM »
I've always been slightly annoyed that resonance compensation defaults to ON on Pro 3's init patch. You want the Real Ladder Filter Experience, don't you?  :)

I would rather have resonance compensation and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

J_P_P

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 02:50:40 PM »

I would rather have resonance compensation and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Exactly

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 04:53:20 PM »
Idk... I could understand missing that on a mono synth where it'd be nice to make some bass patches and not completely lose the low end when you add resonance, but on a poly with six ladder filters? Might be a nice way to tidy up the low end a bit when playing chords. I get it though - the option would be nice. I bet it'll appear in a firmware update.