Is there a way to change the defualt preset that comes up when turning it on?

IE- It always goes right to the 80s Cali Preset or whatever when I turn the Take 5 on.  Is there any way to customize which preset comes up first?

Thanks!

Hi there! If you select a preset and hit the Global button, that preset will load on next power-up.
Sequential | Oberheim

Hi there! If you select a preset and hit the Global button, that preset will load on next power-up.

Interesting.  Will try that next time. Thank you!

You're welcome! All modern Sequential synths are designed to act the same way. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 11:26:27 AM by Oblong »
Sequential | Oberheim

Are these combinations a common knowledge? I don’t see this in the manual and I’m wondering if it’s more an Easter egg thing or these are common shortcuts that are posted in some other document? Where can I read any other similar shortcuts or combinations?

It seems like most users know about this aspect of Sequential instruments, but not everyone will, of course. Depending on the operation manual, this specific feature could be "hidden" in the form of a note within a subject in the Getting Started section of the manual. For example, on page 3 of the OB-6 manual:
https://davesmith.wpenginepowered.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/OB-6-Operation-Manual-1.2.pdf
Sequential | Oberheim

Thank you. I couldn't figure out why for a while it kept giving me the same number on startup and then changed randomly. Instead it was me who, pressing global for other reasons, selected it without realizing it. Greetings from Italy.