PSA: Goldbaby Bluewave on Sale

blewis

PSA: Goldbaby Bluewave on Sale
« on: January 04, 2023, 03:29:05 AM »
Public Service Announcement:

Just noticed an end of year Goldbaby sale - it includes the Bluewave PX pack.

I’ve never seen this on sale before. 

Been on my list for a couple of years now.

Re: PSA: Goldbaby Bluewave on Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 11:31:12 AM »
If you don't own it already, it's absolutely 100% worth owning.  It is by far my favorite commercial offering for the Prophet X.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 02:34:18 PM »
Is there a list of available Prophet X packs available anywhere does anyone know?

I can only find a very few and they all seem to be either synths or pianos!

J_P_P

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 02:49:55 PM »
Can it be installed in any User Sample Space and User Bank ? Can't find the info on the site.

blewis

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 01:10:38 PM »
The Goldbaby Bluewave set ships with 128 presets that, by default, get placed in U4. The sample folder is u07/ which gets placed on the PX in User8 group.

There is a renumbering utility found here:

https://synthmanage.com

After experimenting with the provided script, I just realized I planned ahead and put my Replicants stuff in an alternate UserGroup and Preset bank. Shaw was pretty good about providing multiple *.syx files for one to choose where they wanted to put things. Early in development, Shaw and Goldbaby had a collision in PU4 and User8 Group.

Can it be installed in any User Sample Space and User Bank ? Can't find the info on the site.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 09:34:30 PM »
Does anyone know of a way I could store the Bluewave patches in A4 instead of U4?

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2023, 10:47:26 AM »
It looks like each patch is 4690 bytes. The bank number is the fifth byte of each patch. U4 is bank 3. 

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2023, 04:31:04 PM »
Or maybe all it takes is putting them in a folder structure /px/p01/ and then installing them as an add-on...

I might make a backup of my U04 bank and then give this a try.