Trigon-6 Wood Ends

Sacred Synthesis

Trigon-6 Wood Ends
« on: December 24, 2022, 02:50:02 PM »
There are two or three members on this forum that design wood ends for synthesizers.  From what I've seen, their work seems to be excellent.  I would say they could make a killing if they offered some dark rich wood alternatives to the Trigon-6's blond ends.  They're quite an eyesore on an otherwise fabulous instrument.

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
Re: Trigon-6 Wood Ends
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 03:40:25 PM »
I agree, but only if they offer a replacement for that blonde bar at the front, too. It's worse to have a non-matching set of wood tones than to have all blonde, IMO.

To me, the instrument is begging for rosewood or natural mahogany accents.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 05:57:03 PM »

I guess I'm one of the few that thinks the blonde wood looks kind of cool.  I have no doubt this was a simple product differentiation decision, probably more controversial than was originally planned.  But, because I already have a Prophet-6 and OB-6, knowing that the Trigon-6 is meant to be the third in a series, if I were in the market for another 49-key I think this would look great standing next to its two siblings and from a musical standpoint, if I'm reaching around for different keyboards, the different colored wood would help me remember which one I'm reaching for and sort of reflect that each of these three synths has a distinct personality despite the commonality across the series (distinct personality was a big thing with Dave, so I have a feeling the wood differentiation was his idea).

That said... at least in the short term none of this matters to me.  First, because I have invoked a moratorium on my own purchases of expensive gear until an OB-X8 desktop version is announced.. that is the gap I need to fill right now, so I'm hoping maybe next month we'll see some movement there.   Second, if I do end up getting a Trigon-6, it's going to be the desktop version which largely makes the choice of wood color mostly irrelevant, at least for me.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

chysn

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 05:25:49 PM »
You need more than endcaps for the Trigon-6, you need the front.

But it hardly seems worth it. The Trigon-6 looks pretty bitchin’ as it is.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 05:30:42 PM »
You need more than endcaps for the Trigon-6, you need the front.

Yes, that's true - ends and front strip.