OBX8 Arpeggiator 2 questions (rate/subdivision & hold)

Circuit3

• synthpop electropop artist
    • Circuit3 - synthpop for the masses!
OBX8 Arpeggiator 2 questions (rate/subdivision & hold)
« on: December 18, 2022, 02:18:06 PM »
When syncing the arpeggiator to an external MIDI Clock

1. the 'rate' knob doesn't change subdivisions, the arp seems to stay in 1/16ths

2. clicking 'hold' creates a skip/reset on the arpeggiator (same behaviour when clock is set to internal)

Just me or are these bugs?
My new album “Technology For The Youth” is out now on Vinyl CD and Digital at  http://circuit3.Bandcamp.com

“Brilliant retro-futurist orbiting synths…evocative electronic music for stolen futures” Electronic Sound Magazine

Re: OBX8 Arpeggiator 2 questions (rate/subdivision & hold)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 06:11:11 PM »
When syncing the arpeggiator to an external MIDI Clock

1. the 'rate' knob doesn't change subdivisions, the arp seems to stay in 1/16ths

2. clicking 'hold' creates a skip/reset on the arpeggiator (same behaviour when clock is set to internal)

Just me or are these bugs?

1. Yes, this is the behavior. I wouldn't call it a bug though.  I'm hoping they target this for enhancement in a firmware update.

2. Yes, this is the behavior.  This, IMO, is more like a bug. I would really, really like to not have that stutter.  As it is, it's not useful for any type of live manipulation when it counts. 

Cheers!
Rev2, Pro3, OB-X8, Kronos, Summit, Hydrasynth, Subsequent37, Taurus III, Iridium, Opsix, Eurorack

Circuit3

• synthpop electropop artist
    • Circuit3 - synthpop for the masses!
Re: OBX8 Arpeggiator 2 questions (rate/subdivision & hold)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 09:32:31 AM »
Thanks - I suspected as much. Hopefully #1 will be fixed and #2 will go on the feature request list.
My new album “Technology For The Youth” is out now on Vinyl CD and Digital at  http://circuit3.Bandcamp.com

“Brilliant retro-futurist orbiting synths…evocative electronic music for stolen futures” Electronic Sound Magazine