Older Version of Panel OS

Older Version of Panel OS
« on: December 03, 2022, 11:31:31 AM »
Does anyone have an older version of the Panel OS ? v1.1.0.13 has bricked by Pro 3 when I went to upgrade the OS. The main OS 1.2.04 went on fine. The v1.1.0.13 corrupted the screen then when the Pro rebooted it's just stuck on the Pro3 logo (though half of that is just solid white).

I can reloaded the main O/S in boot loader mode. But the 1.1.0.13 os never completes. The lights on the Touch Bar never quite get all the way to the top (one is still dim). Have retried this several times using ever slower transmit times but without success.

Saw another user had a similar problem with v1.1.0.12 but managed to revert to an earlier version of Panel O/S. Have opened a support ticket but appreciate its the weekend

Re: Older Version of Panel OS
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 11:42:26 AM »
Does anyone have an older version of the Panel OS ? v1.1.0.13 has bricked by Pro 3 when I went to upgrade the OS.

Ok finally managed to get the v1.1.0.13 file to take.

On a Mac using Snoize. Had to reduce the transmit speed to 10% and change the transmit buffer size to 256

Phew

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 06:17:17 PM »
Hello,

Just wanted to add some issues I’ve had with panel os v1.1.0.13.

I’m currently running Main OS v1.2.0.4 but when I load Panel OS v1.1.0.13 I have encoder issues where some of them become “jumpy” or skip when turned. However I do not have this issue with Panel OS v1.1.0.0

I do notice with panel os v1.1.0.0 I lose the PRO 3 logo at power on displayed on the screen. I can definitely live with that though. I’d rather the encoders work properly. I’ve sent a possible bug ticket to support regarding these issues as well.

Have you experienced endorser issues with your current main/panel os?

Thanks!

chysn

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 06:41:54 PM »
How do you tell which version of Panel you have? I see the Main version (1.2.0.4) at the upper-right of the screen in the Global page.

I do not see a Pro 3 logo on startup.

I do not experience any encoder problems.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 06:57:01 PM »
You can’t see the panel version like the main os version. You only know when you’re loading the panel os by the file itself. It’s weird how some people have encoder issues and some don’t. I tried different version of the main and panel os combinations until I had the combination that worked best. If you don’t have the start up logo you are most likely running panel os v1.1.0.0 or earlier. That’s basically what I’m using. Along with the current main os v1.2.0.4. Sorry it can get a little confusion. Sounds like everything is working great for you. 👍

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 04:17:48 AM »
How do you tell which version of Panel you have? I see the Main version (1.2.0.4) at the upper-right of the screen in the Global page.

Here i quote Gabby Wen from Oberheim/Sequential support answering via email on how to check the Panel OS: "... the Panel OS is indicated in binary with the sequencer step LEDs. You can check that by holding the "ARPEGGIATOR" button, and you can take a photo of the LEDs and send it over." (on 6th of october 2022).  I am attaching a photo of leds displaying Panel OS version 1.1.0.12. The leds show up shortly as well when you switch on the power.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 06:35:49 PM »

Here i quote Gabby Wen from Oberheim/Sequential support answering via email on how to check the Panel OS: "... the Panel OS is indicated in binary with the sequencer step LEDs. You can check that by holding the "ARPEGGIATOR" button, and you can take a photo of the LEDs and send it over." (on 6th of october 2022).  I am attaching a photo of leds displaying Panel OS version 1.1.0.12. The leds show up shortly as well when you switch on the power.

Hey! Great information, Cosmos!

Thanks!