Weird Amp Release Curve

Weird Amp Release Curve
« on: November 30, 2022, 08:30:41 AM »
Been loving the Prophet for months now, but one think is really bugging me.

Im finding it very difficult to get a natural fade out on the amp envelope. For longer release times, there's this strangely unnatural drop in volume. Kinda similar to the Modal Argon 8 digital enevelopes.

Anyone else finding this ? Was it like this on the original ?

Be nice to have some way to edit the curve on this.

Re: Weird Amp Release Curve
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 02:07:42 AM »
No problem here. Itīs just like the original. Compared it to a rev. 3

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 09:49:21 AM »

I see. Thanks Dr.Sax.

Still , I'd like to see a way to modify the envelope curves per patch. They're mostly pretty good for shorter pluckier shapes, but at longer release times , I find them weird.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 11:58:57 PM »

I see. Thanks Dr.Sax.

Still , I'd like to see a way to modify the envelope curves per patch. They're mostly pretty good for shorter pluckier shapes, but at longer release times , I find them weird.

It is possible to use alternate envelope curves via midi, per hardware or software. But unfortunately not in the box.Just see the post "using software to add extra LFOs and envelopes"
Also the LFE might be something for you: https://youtu.be/zlHqxpzKMw0
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 12:46:54 AM by dr.sax »

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 06:24:25 AM »

I see. Thanks Dr.Sax.

It is possible to use alternate envelope curves via midi, per hardware or software. But unfortunately not in the box.Just see the post "using software to add extra LFOs and envelopes"
Also the LFE might be something for you: https://youtu.be/zlHqxpzKMw0

Cheers.

Had a look at the LFE, but at over €1k for the last run I dont think its great value. Im looking at the Befaco VCMC to integrate with the modular instead.