Need help with REV2 usage as midi controller / DAW integration

Need help with REV2 usage as midi controller / DAW integration
« on: November 29, 2022, 06:09:10 AM »
Hello,

I have a problem using my REV2 as a controller for soft synths and maybe you can help me:

I am setting up the REV2 as an external instrument in my DAW (Logic, but tried with S1 too). Everything works as intended.

Now the problem begins: I want to assign for example the cutoff knob on the REV to a softsynth's cutoff on a selected track, works also like intended. BUT when i switch back to the REV, this knob doesn't affect the REV2 sound anymore. If i delete the controller assignment, the pot works again on the REV.

My settings in the REV: Local off, pot mode CC or NRPN doesn't matter (same behaviour)

Any help would be highly appreciated...

Re: Need help with REV2 usage as midi controller / DAW integration
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 07:02:26 AM »
Having Local Off means that knobs are disconnected to REV2 internally.
- it depends entirely on that midi is echoed back through daw or sequencer

Don't know your workflow here - wanting to control in daw entirely or not?

Simple is to set Local On again and knobs works locally in REV2.

If wanting it controlled in daw I would suggest making a midi routing on some more level before the track that you simply turn around to send through to REV2 again when wanting that.

Does turn off record arm or monitor on track also break connection to plugin in Logic?

Re: Need help with REV2 usage as midi controller / DAW integration
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 03:20:59 PM »
+1 to local off while adding that if you use a VST to control the REV2 you should, in theory, be able to have your cake and eat it to. I'm actually attempting to do the same thing in Cubase and just posted in the VST thread in hopes someone can help with the challenges therein.