Max Oscillator level without saturation

Max Oscillator level without saturation
« on: August 14, 2016, 03:48:24 PM »
Hi all,

I feel like when you go too hard on the output level, the sound becomes kinda "fizzy", especially as you have more than one osc which makes sense in a way.

So I was wondering, what is the highest value you can go without having to worry about sounding distorted?

I stick to 60 but was wondering what is the official answer, like for the Sub37 Moog tells you that past, I think, 12 o'clock it will saturate.

Thanks!

Re: Max Oscillator level without saturation
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 01:43:32 AM »
Hi all,

I feel like when you go too hard on the output level, the sound becomes kinda "fizzy", especially as you have more than one osc which makes sense in a way.

So I was wondering, what is the highest value you can go without having to worry about sounding distorted?

I stick to 60 but was wondering what is the official answer, like for the Sub37 Moog tells you that past, I think, 12 o'clock it will saturate.

Thanks!

I just turn everything up to 11 so I'm perhaps not the best person to ask, but it probably depends how many oscs you're using and what shape / cutoff / resonance / mods etc you're using. It'll likely be different for each patch.