using software to add extra LFOs and envelopes

using software to add extra LFOs and envelopes
« on: November 27, 2022, 04:02:20 PM »
I'm having a blast today using maxforlive LFOs and envelopes to control various things. Even works great with SoundTower plugin control over it, but also without if you set the Prophet to respond to CCs instead of NRPNs. I would imagine it would also work in other DAWs that have LFO or env MIDI modulators that send to CC.

Someone a while back mentioned the modulations seemed smoothed out even when they used square or hard edged waves but i am not having that problem at all.

Theres so many uses for these! Just posting out of excitement and for anyone new to this synth, I didn't see too much about it here.

LPF83

Re: using software to add extra LFOs and envelopes
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 05:03:13 AM »
I'm having a blast today using maxforlive LFOs and envelopes to control various things. Even works great with SoundTower plugin control over it, but also without if you set the Prophet to respond to CCs instead of NRPNs. I would imagine it would also work in other DAWs that have LFO or env MIDI modulators that send to CC.

Someone a while back mentioned the modulations seemed smoothed out even when they used square or hard edged waves but i am not having that problem at all.

Theres so many uses for these! Just posting out of excitement and for anyone new to this synth, I didn't see too much about it here.

When I was looking for a DAW-independent solution for this, I settled on Cableguys MIDIShaper.  Highy recommended.
I'm mostly a Cubase user but also run Ableton on my laptop, so I have a preference for aftermarket plug-ins that specialize on doing a specific thing well.  MIDIShaper was just what I needed, and cheap ($25 I think).
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 06:20:55 AM »
I use the MIDI LFOs on the Squarp Pyramid and they work great! It's a good solution to add capability to this synth while still preserving authenticity.

16bitsound

• One bar away....
    • 16bitŪ Sound
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 04:32:26 PM »
Dont forget the Low Frequency Expander from Steve Hunt, another great way to add some modulations
Studio: Hydrasynth, Prophet 10, Pro-3 SE, MPC-X, S2400

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 09:52:23 AM »
Also check out www.midium.net