Is there a way to map the prophet rev 2's tap tempo to Ableton's tap tempo?

Hi, I normally start ideas on my rev 2 but sometimes I'll have an idea and I'll have to stop and tap tempo in ableton and it just disrupts the flow for me. I tried to do it in ableton myself but when i hit tap tempo on the rev 2 to midi map it to ableton, it did nothing.

Is there a work around this? Also as someone who doesn't really use the sequencer could I arm the "tie" button to the record arm in ableton?

Thanks

#1. check with some midi monitor if anything sent as tap tempo on REV2 is pressed
- so if anything to assign in ableton
- check with something else like below if settings in REV2 are for CC
#2. Midi CC14 is sending BPM tempo 30-250 can also be checked when turning knob
- but there are some global settings to actually set to send as CC and not NRPN
#3. If doing tap tempo on REV2, and a tempo is established one would expect that this is sent on CC14 automatically. Otherwise one tempo knob up one step and then down probably will.
- so if tempo can be set directly through midi in ableton in some way is the thinking

A bit unclear if you slave REV2 to midi clock from ableton then when done, or?
REV2 can send midi clock as well if ableton can sync to that, not all daws can.

Hope you get some ideas...

#1. check with some midi monitor if anything sent as tap tempo on REV2 is pressed
- so if anything to assign in ableton
- check with something else like below if settings in REV2 are for CC
#2. Midi CC14 is sending BPM tempo 30-250 can also be checked when turning knob
- but there are some global settings to actually set to send as CC and not NRPN
#3. If doing tap tempo on REV2, and a tempo is established one would expect that this is sent on CC14 automatically. Otherwise one tempo knob up one step and then down probably will.
- so if tempo can be set directly through midi in ableton in some way is the thinking

A bit unclear if you slave REV2 to midi clock from ableton then when done, or?
REV2 can send midi clock as well if ableton can sync to that, not all daws can.

Hope you get some ideas...

Sorry but im not sure what u mean by all this

EDIT: I was able to get it working kind of but its really unresponsive on the tap tempo parameter for some reason
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 10:52:18 PM by Halcyontape »