OBX8 Knobs replacement

OBX8 Knobs replacement
« on: April 24, 2024, 04:28:12 PM »
Hi there,
I recently bought an OBX8 module. I couldn't be more happy  :)

I was thinking about buying a blue overlay set wich has the Panel B functions printed on it. So only or aesthetical purposes i thought about changing the knobs too (that honestly don't feel that good).

I tried out with some knobs from other gear that i have but almost none fits the obx8.
Anyone could help to figure out what size/tipe of knobs would fit??

Any help is really appreciated !!

Re: OBX8 Knobs replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 07:15:42 PM »
Hi there,
I recently bought an OBX8 module. I couldn't be more happy  :)

I was thinking about buying a blue overlay set wich has the Panel B functions printed on it. So only or aesthetical purposes i thought about changing the knobs too (that honestly don't feel that good).

I tried out with some knobs from other gear that i have but almost none fits the obx8.
Anyone could help to figure out what size/tipe of knobs would fit??

Any help is really appreciated !!

They're made by Elma and they are near impossible to find in low quantity.  The ones on the OBX8 are made for D-shafts, you would have to get the engineering drawing for the knobs for the dimensions of the D-shaped fitting then find a knob with the same dimensions.  Good luck.

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 10:29:58 PM »
My old oven dials fit my Pro3!
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2024, 01:08:17 AM »
3D printing, if you’ve access, would make the trick

« Reply #4 on: Today at 04:41:50 PM »
I sent an email to oberheim support asking for the knobs measures, here it is the answer:

“The pot diameter is ~6.02mm with a 25mm shaft and 7mm bushing.”

So if anyone out there is thinking about changing the knobs on the OBX8 dekstop version, those are the exact measures. 

:)