Pro 2 and a Moog Expression peda;

Pro 2 and a Moog Expression peda;
« on: August 11, 2016, 07:24:15 AM »
Hello ALL
I have a Moog expression pedal set to Full Range for the Filter 1 & 2 but it seems to have little effect on the filter sweep sound. I have checked the polarity and it's correct. If I use the knob on the synth I get what I'm after. Is there a "sweet spot" in the filter settings as far as knob position to get a good full sweep ? Is there a more compatible brand of pedal?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Shaw

Re: Pro 2 and a Moog Expression peda;
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 07:59:01 AM »
Have you tried a different cable (between the pedal and CV input jack)?  That could be the issue...
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 11:17:04 PM »
Thanks for the reply Shaw. The pedal is hardwired 1/4". I plug it into the "Pedal" input on the back of the Pro 2. I do not use the CV inputs.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 01:59:37 AM »
Is the pedal working fine on another synth? Is there a trimpot on your pedal that you can move to adjust the range? Is there a normal/other switch underneath that you can flip?

I have two Moog EP-3 pedals and they both work fine. They have exchangable cables though so it's not the exact same model.
Prophet 12

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 04:53:29 PM »
Thanks.. I believe my pedal is the previous model.. There is a trim pot. Ill mess with that. Thanks.