Prophet 5/10 Button Quality. How is yours?

louis

Prophet 5/10 Button Quality. How is yours?
« on: November 10, 2022, 11:22:13 AM »
I've been considering buying one lately but was made aware that some users have been having problems with poorly responding button clicks on gearspace. Something this expensive should be a premium product and not have these sort of issues after barely 2 years on the market and it's seriously making me reconsider as this would be huge investment for me and something I would expect to rely on for a very long time. Please share us your experience.

LPF83

Re: Prophet 5/10 Button Quality. How is yours?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 01:47:17 PM »
I've been considering buying one lately but was made aware that some users have been having problems with poorly responding button clicks on gearspace. Something this expensive should be a premium product and not have these sort of issues after barely 2 years on the market and it's seriously making me reconsider as this would be huge investment for me and something I would expect to rely on for a very long time. Please share us your experience.

No problems with mine almost 2 years later.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

louis

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 04:49:34 PM »

No problems with mine almost 2 years later.
Nice. Hopefully this is quite rare then.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 05:13:54 PM »
No problems with mine either. I've had the occasional problem of stuck buttons on my Prophet 6, but the "press 50 times" trick always sorts that out, usually in well under 50 clicks!

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 08:41:40 PM »
Never had any issues with button clicking on any Sequential or DSI product.

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 09:22:34 AM »
My P10 working flawless   since 2 years 8)

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 06:18:44 AM »
I had the buttons problem (some not responding sometimes) but it was fixed with one of the early updates.
Never had the problem since then.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 10:59:12 AM »
I do have the buttons issue. Bought my p5 in the used market, less than a year ago.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 07:40:43 AM »
I am having this issue after only 6 months from buying it new . first it was the patch buttons now its the tuning button. any suggestions on how to solve this ?

gus

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2022, 04:44:58 PM »
The Prophet style switches on the P6/P5/OB-6 have a very long life expectancy. Any intermittent issues can typically be resolved with a simple contact 'cleaning'. To do this, press any problematic button rapidly ~50 times. This should clear any dust or debris around the contact and improve operation. We very rarely have to replace these buttons in support (unless they somehow get physically damaged).

Sequential | Oberheim