Fixed and Locked: New Beta Main OS 1.0.0.13 - More Write and Compare bugs

kpatz

I just installed 1.0.0.13 and found some more issues around Compare and Write:

1. Compare is still wonky. Select a user preset (like 311). Hit Transpose Down and -2 Oct to load Basic Program. Edit something. Then hit Compare. Instead of comparing to the saved preset, it compares to the unedited Basic Program. When in Compare you can select a preset to compare to, but before, it always compared to the saved preset as soon as you hit Compare.

2. Canceling out of Write takes you back to the original preset number, which is good. But if you Compare from within Write mode, there are still bugs. One is that if you change the preset while in compare, and then you exit Compare to do your write, it goes back to the preset you selected in Write mode, instead of staying on what you selected in Compare mode. If you use Compare to find a preset to overwrite, then exit and then write, you won't overwrite the preset you selected while in Compare. 

3. I encountered this bug with 1.0.0.10 before, but now I know how to recreate it. If you enter Write mode, then enter Compare while in Write, then exit Compare, then cancel Write, the bank number changes to whatever bank corresponds to the Preset number selected in Compare. For example, if you're in 311, you hit Write, then Compare, then exit Compare, then cancel Write, you'll end up in B11.

4.  Just noticed another:  the LED dot doesn't appear anymore when you edit a parameter and have it match the unedited/saved preset. EDIT: turns out I had a midi loop due to leaving Midi-OX running on my laptop.  Closing this brought the LED dot back.  So, this is not a bug.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 04:46:50 PM by cbmd »

Re: New Beta Main OS 1.0.0.13 - More Write and Compare bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 02:34:05 AM »
3. I encountered this bug with 1.0.0.10 before, but now I know how to recreate it. If you enter Write mode, then enter Compare while in Write, then exit Compare, then cancel Write, the bank number changes to whatever bank corresponds to the Preset number selected in Compare. For example, if you're in 311, you hit Write, then Compare, then exit Compare, then cancel Write, you'll end up in B11.

I can confirm that the problem with the Compare function in Write mode wasn't fixed with the latest update. It's still not working the way it should (and the way it did with the initial firmware).