Pro3Panel_v1.1.0.12 done, now all lights on

Pro3Panel_v1.1.0.12 done, now all lights on
« on: October 22, 2022, 03:59:52 PM »
Hi,

just installed Main OS and Global Reset, OSC recalibrated. Worked fine.

But now just updated the latest Sysex for the Panel OS......all Sequencer lights are on and I don't what to do now.....nothing mentioned in the txt file about this problem...it's a little bit annoying.

Please add to main OS Link: Panel OS Update description would be nice with troubleshooting !!

Re: Pro3Panel_v1.1.0.12 done, now all lights on
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 04:19:42 PM »
Hi,

just installed Main OS and Global Reset, OSC recalibrated. Worked fine.

But now just updated the latest Sysex for the Panel OS......all Sequencer lights are on and I don't what to do now.....nothing mentioned in the txt file about this problem...it's a little bit annoying.

Please add to main OS Link: Panel OS Update description would be nice with troubleshooting !!

any reset solution ? power on off does not solve......panel is greyed out........

chysn

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 05:39:32 PM »
There is no panel update. Once you install Main 1.2.0.4, you're done. It's possible that loading an older panel file on top of a newer main file did something bad. Yes, the installation instructions say to load a panel file after the main file, but this is a lie!

The first thing you might try is the bootloader procedure discussed here: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4550.msg45765.html#msg45765

This worked for me when my Pro 3 OS did something flaky. Use that to load in Main 1.2.0.4 *, then stop. Don't attempt to install any other file. Any problems or questions, contact support@sequential.com. They're very helpful.

Good luck!

* See here: https://www.sequential.com/updating-the-pro-3-os/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 05:46:26 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 06:32:56 PM »
There is no panel update. Once you install Main 1.2.0.4, you're done. It's possible that loading an older panel file on top of a newer main file did something bad. Yes, the installation instructions say to load a panel file after the main file, but this is a lie!

The first thing you might try is the bootloader procedure discussed here: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4550.msg45765.html#msg45765

This worked for me when my Pro 3 OS did something flaky. Use that to load in Main 1.2.0.4 *, then stop. Don't attempt to install any other file. Any problems or questions, contact support@sequential.com. They're very helpful.

Good luck!

* See here: https://www.sequential.com/updating-the-pro-3-os/

hey chysn !

thank you for your help.

why the hell, do they instruct to do the panel os sysex update ????

bootloader: Send the OS update via a MIDI cable (not USB). ????

i completely don't understand this ? i used midiox via usb for sysex.......could you please explain, how i can do this midi cable thing ?

i have a motu ultralite mk5 audio interface, daw = bitwig and cubase, running Win 10.....

i really would appreciate your instructions, as i don't get it this MIDI update solution...

cheers,
kraw.

chysn

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 07:11:44 PM »

Right? They probably just copy-and-paste previous instructions.

i completely don't understand this ? i used midiox via usb for sysex.......could you please explain, how i can do this midi cable thing ?

i have a motu ultralite mk5 audio interface, daw = bitwig and cubase, running Win 10.....

Your MOTU interface has a five-pin MIDI out on the back panel. Plug one end of a MIDI cable into this, and the other end into the Pro 3's MIDI in. Within MIDI OX, you should have some way to select the DIN MIDI interface on the MOTU.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 09:05:21 AM »

Right? They probably just copy-and-paste previous instructions.

Your MOTU interface has a five-pin MIDI out on the back panel. Plug one end of a MIDI cable into this, and the other end into the Pro 3's MIDI in. Within MIDI OX, you should have some way to select the DIN MIDI interface on the MOTU.

hey thank you so much helping me out of this desaster SEQ. navigated me into....if something breaks I will sue them, as officially they instruct to do this sh**y Panel OS update !

will try your instructions and reply asap.

cheers,
kraw.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 11:24:47 AM »
That way with the MIDI cable should revive it. It probably just corrupted the panel update. Should be able to get the proper one loaded in with Midiox.

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 02:08:19 PM »
That way with the MIDI cable should revive it. It probably just corrupted the panel update. Should be able to get the proper one loaded in with Midiox.

it worked only to make the sequencer lights off and now showing in huge letters PRO 3 on the panel.....

the troubleshooting instructions didn't work finally...........have to wait until support mails me back on monday...geezzz.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2022, 02:19:02 PM »

it worked only to make the sequencer lights off and now showing in huge letters PRO 3 on the panel.....

the troubleshooting instructions didn't work finally...........have to wait until support mails me back on monday...geezzz.

chysn

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 05:42:33 PM »
I had to try the bootloader method twice, and it succeeded on the second try. Don’t know if I messed up a step first time or what.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2022, 06:08:38 PM »
Yes, try it again. Make sure it isn't sending the data too fast...

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 02:56:22 AM »
I had to try the bootloader method twice, and it succeeded on the second try. Don’t know if I messed up a step first time or what.

panel os 1.0.0. helped !!! it's working ,) won't update to the new shitty panel os.

gus

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2022, 12:25:18 PM »
Pro 3 Panel OS v1.1.0.13 is now on the main website. We advise running the latest main and panel OS, which can be loaded in any order (remember to power cycle after any single, completed OS load).

If anyone has issues updating the OS, please reach out to support@sequential.com directly.
Sequential | Oberheim