Almost Lost my Letter C!! (graphics issue)

Almost Lost my Letter C!! (graphics issue)
« on: August 05, 2016, 12:57:07 PM »
Hi

The 'C' from the 'cutoff' lettering has half gone and I have had my Prophet 6 months only. Anyone else had issues with the printed lettering coming off? At no time would this have had any more than a brush with my finger at most!

I am not OCD or anything but it is a little disappointing as I treat my gear with great care.

A frustrating issue as I will probably have to address it myself with some enamel paint a very fine tip brush and my head magnifiers!

Re: Almost Lost my Letter C!! (graphics issue)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 08:02:57 AM »
On my Prophet a part to the number button is gone after one week. :-(
I do not trust you to clean it, maybe I have a blank panel than.

Re: Almost Lost my Letter C!! (graphics issue)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 11:22:35 AM »
I'm sorry that you are experiencing issues with the screen printed text on your synths. It's uncommon that we hear of this.

The Prophet 6's steel enclosure is powder coated and then screen printed. The screen printing inks are a two-part epoxy ink so that it bonds and is durable. The inks are cured in an oven after application. So, the finish is robust, but of course not bullet-proof. It is still paint, and as such as susceptible to wear.

Please contact us directly though our dedicated support channel if you are experiencing issues with the finish on your synth: support (at) davesmithinstruments (dot) com.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:07:04 PM by extempo »
SEQUENTIAL