Announcing Patchhero. The missing screen for your OB6 or Prophet 6

Hello Prophet 6 owners

Announcing Patchhero: West Coast Vintage Edition. The missing screen for your Sequential OB6 or Sequential Prophet 6 synthesiser; allowing you to navigate, name, categorise, and filter patches.

Many musicians find descriptive patch names more memorable and inspiring than numbers, and when auditioning sounds it’s helpful to organise them by category.

Connect via USB or a MIDI interface* using the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. Connect wirelessly with Bluetooth, using a Bluetooth MIDI adaptor*.

* See documentation for compatibility. Reputable brands strongly recommended.

https://www.patchhero.app

Available now on the App Store.
https://apps.apple.com/app/patchhero/id1638906255

There's an active thread on the Prophet 6 Facebook group with further discussion
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1484725968508596

Initial release iOS only. Prophet 5/10 support is planned.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 08:03:50 AM by OBJimKenobi »

Re: Announcing Patchhero. The missing screen for your OB6 or Prophet 6
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 11:31:28 AM »
Nice to see this finally see the light of day. Congratulations!

Would you be able to add prophet 5/10 support to it too?

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 11:46:18 AM »

Haha, yeah it took a while  ;D Thanks

The only barrier to P5/P10 support is having access to one. I’ll let the dust settle on this release and look into it soon. Lots of people have asked so I think it’s certainly worth doing.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 12:48:04 PM »

The only barrier to P5/P10 support is having access to one. I’ll let the dust settle on this release and look into it soon. Lots of people have asked so I think it’s certainly worth doing.

Do you really need to have one in the room or do you just need the MIDI implementation? Or do you need to sniff certain messages during the read/write processes?

If you do do it, I’ll definitely buy it (I don’t have a P6 or OB-6, though am tempted to get the latter even more now).

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 02:09:38 PM »

Do you really need to have one in the room or do you just need the MIDI implementation? Or do you need to sniff certain messages during the read/write processes?

If you do do it, I’ll definitely buy it (I don’t have a P6 or OB-6, though am tempted to get the latter even more now).

OB6 and P5, dream team!

It's for the best, to have one in the room. There's always something that goes wrong and I'd rather fix it before release not when it's in production. The horror!

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 12:55:32 AM »

OB6 and P5, dream team!

It's for the best, to have one in the room. There's always something that goes wrong and I'd rather fix it before release not when it's in production. The horror!

I could probably do some beta testing for you - I have TestFlight installed as I do beta testing for Source Audio, but yes, it’s easier to iron out problems if you have your own unit to test on.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 05:07:33 AM »

OB6 and P5, dream team!

I could probably do some beta testing for you - I have TestFlight installed as I do beta testing for Source Audio, but yes, it’s easier to iron out problems if you have your own unit to test on.

Great, thanks. Noted.