Fixed and Locked: New Beta Main OS 1.0.0.10 - Sustain pedal issues

Hi there,

I am VERY excited to see a new firmware beta release for the Take 5! I installed it tonight and found odd behavior with the sustain pedal.

After pressing the sustain pedal (plugged into the Footswitch jack) and playing notes, releasing the sustain pedal releases notes even if the keys are still held down.

I can't test this against the original firmware (we haven't been provided the original release firmware as a roll-back option. Yikes.) but my setup hasn't changed and I'm pretty sure this was working like a normal sustain pedal prior to the update.

Yes, I've reset global settings. And, yes, I've gone into the footswitch settings and made sure it was set to "Sustain". None of the settings seem to replicate "expected" sustain pedal behavior.

Can anyone else confirm this?

EDIT: Oh. Found something else: Pressing the "Hold" button in conjunction with the sustain pedal gets the button's lit state out of sync.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 03:31:41 PM by cbmd »

Elric

• Peak Oil
Re: New Beta Main OS 1.0.0.10 - Sustain pedal issues
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 05:15:38 AM »
Yea.

Don't download the new beta software unless you want to run into problems and do their beta testing for them.
Boo.
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 07:59:24 AM »
Yea.

Don't download the new beta software unless you want to run into problems and do their beta testing for them.
Boo.

In fairness, it far easier to find bugs when many people are using the device in lots of different ways, often in ways the testers may not have thought of. Even the most dedicated bug testing will likely miss something on a device this complex. And to their credit, when bugs get reported, sequential is pretty quick at getting a fix out. They are completely upfront that it’s a beta version and it only becomes a release version after a while with no reported problems. So it’s good to go at it and sniff out problems early on. One can always roll
back to a stable firmware of it’s needed for something critical.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 08:17:02 AM »
I've logged the various issues reported over the weekend and we should have an updated OS available soon.

I've also loaded the 1.0 OS to the BETA OS download page so users can revert as needed.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 10:21:07 AM »
I've logged the various issues reported over the weekend and we should have an updated OS available soon.

I've also loaded the 1.0 OS to the BETA OS download page so users can revert as needed.

Wonderful! Thank you!

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 10:47:47 PM »
Yea.

Boo.

I want to help them beta test. Hell, I explicitly asked (in a support ticket) for them to provide the 1.0 OS so I (and others) could perform A-B tests against various features as they continue working through issues with this beta.

Why? I'm unemployed currently and think testing synths is super fun. (If they were hiring, I'd be applying.) Plus, at the end of the day, my synth is more useful and interesting when bugs get fixed and new features are solid.

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: Fixed and Locked: New Beta Main OS 1.0.0.10 - Sustain pedal issues
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 03:32:15 PM »
This issue has been fixed in the 1.0.0.13 OS.

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,6622.0.html
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim