Sequencing chords using internal sequencer

Sequencing chords using internal sequencer
« on: August 04, 2016, 10:32:17 AM »
Hi. I don't actually own this synth. As far as I have read this doesn't seem possible? Or am I wrong?? Seems like a massive oversight/dealbreaker for me if true. I realize this was originally imagined as a drum machine, but many users have reported it more useful from the synth side of things and being able to internally sequence chords seems like a pretty basic feature. Would be nice to split the voices using some for drums or other sounds and others for chords...but all using the internal sequencer. Would be a nice addition slaved to my Analog Keys. But it seems it isn't what I'm looking for if I understand it correctly.

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
    • Steven Morris Music & Sound
Re: Sequencing chords using internal sequencer
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »
Hi c3dw,

I understand what you're saying (and how you feel!). This is a feature I've been wanting for a while.

Ideally for me, the Tempest would be able to do polyphonic sequencing of external synthesizers. For example, it would be really awesome if it could play chords of a voice on my TX81z.

Not ideal, but also potentially useful would be the ability to do polyphonic sequencing using a single voice internally. However, there is kind of a workaround for this-- you have to program each voice individually.

Aside from the last example I wrote, the kind of polyphonic sequencing you are looking for currently doesn't exist on the Tempest.

However, I recently got an Arturia Keystep, which I am hoping will be able to handle those kinds of chord duties slaved to the Tempest. I haven't had a lot of time to do testing with it, but of the tests I have done I have been extremely pleased with it so I'm starting to have high hopes :).

It might be a while, but I'll try to post whatever results I have with the Tempest-Keystep combo.

I'm guessing this wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope it helps nonetheless.

Shea

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 08:39:57 PM »
you can always program 4 note chords on a per patch basis. with 32 sounds, you could program six or so different chords and have plenty of parts left over for mono and drums.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 12:13:23 PM »
Another way is to have a couple of pads set up with OSCs in fifths, or maybe one with 5ths and one with 4ths. Works well for jazzy stuff. Nice....