Fixed and Locked: Beta OS 1.0.0.10 - "Compare" not working?

Fixed and Locked: Beta OS 1.0.0.10 - "Compare" not working?
« on: October 15, 2022, 07:16:29 AM »
After updating to the new Beta OS, my "Compare"-button does not work anymore. The button backlight does not glow when pressed and the sound is not changed back to the stored preset. Is anyone having the same problem?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 03:33:10 PM by cbmd »

Re: Beta OS 1.0.0.10 - "Compare" not working?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 08:10:21 AM »
After updating to the new Beta OS, my "Compare"-button does not work anymore. The button backlight does not glow when pressed and the sound is not changed back to the stored preset. Is anyone having the same problem?

I have probably the same problem, although slightly other:
- pressing "write" = write-LED is blinking
- pressing "compare" = compare-LED is on
- now I can switch to other programs and listen to them
- pressing "compare" again = compare-LED is off
- pressing "write" again in order to save at new position = nothing happened.

kpatz

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 06:07:25 PM »

I have probably the same problem, although slightly other:
- pressing "write" = write-LED is blinking
- pressing "compare" = compare-LED is on
- now I can switch to other programs and listen to them
- pressing "compare" again = compare-LED is off
- pressing "write" again in order to save at new position = nothing happened.
I'm finding Compare only works when in Write mode.  I thought it worked outside of write mode before, but I don't recall though.  But I'm seeing a couple other bugs/quirks around Compare and Write modes:

Let's say you're on patch 305.  You edit the patch and want to save it to a new location.  Press Write.  From here, you can choose another location and hit Write again to save it, but if you want to find a patch you don't mind overwriting first, you'd normally use Compare.  But with the new firmware Compare seems to keep track of its patch numbers separately from Write, so if you go into Compare, and start surfing patches to find one to overwrite (say, 312), when you exit Compare, it goes back to 305, or whatever patch you last selected while in write mode.  Going back into Compare goes to the last compared patch again (such as 312).  So if you pick a patch number in Compare, then leave Compare to write the patch, you'll end up writing it to the wrong location, unless you select it again before writing.

A couple more related bugs I discovered:

1.  If you go into Write mode, and change the patch number, then cancel the write, the display/button stays on the new patch number, but with the old/edited patch in the buffer.  (Canceling write should go back to the original patch #).

2.  A couple times, after doing #1 above, I've hit Write and had the bank change on me, like if I had left it on 311 and hit Write, it suddenly went to C11.  But I haven't been able to MAKE this happen when I try.  It might be related to the screen saver/OLED turning off, as both times it happened after I'd stepped away from the synth for a few minutes.  But I just tried it again after the OLED turned off, and it didn't happen.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 08:25:38 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  Reproduced and added to our bug list.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: Fixed and Locked: Beta OS 1.0.0.10 - "Compare" not working?
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 03:33:19 PM »
This issue has been fixed in the 1.0.0.13 OS.

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,6622.0.html
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim