Question in regards to Oscillator 2 Filter Bypass mode

Question in regards to Oscillator 2 Filter Bypass mode
« on: October 14, 2022, 04:47:56 AM »
What exactly is the purpose of this? Does it turn the synth into 10 voice paraphonic? Any examples of this?

gus

Re: Question in regards to Oscillator 2 Filter Bypass mode
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 01:59:36 PM »
There's no change in polyphony - when on, osc 2 just skips over the filter section. It allows for some interesting tone shaping, mixing (and modulating) a filtered oscillator with an unfiltered oscillator.
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 05:21:46 AM »
There's no change in polyphony - when on, osc 2 just skips over the filter section. It allows for some interesting tone shaping, mixing (and modulating) a filtered oscillator with an unfiltered oscillator.

That's a shame. Not sure if I'd use that at all but I'm happy for whoever will.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 09:42:43 AM »
I think the CS-80 had the option of mixing in a sine after the filter. I never played one, so I could be completely wrong.

But I really like what I have tried so far on the beta software.
Set OSC2 to a sine and 2-3 octaves above OSC1. Close down the filter and up the resonance. You end up with something like a double resonance peak. Can sound pretty sweet.

swid

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 04:21:56 PM »
I know I'm kind of resurrecting a dead thread, but I came here to post about this feature! I've had my Take 5 for a bit now, and I LOVE this feature so much! I've been obsessed with creating the most lush, evolving sounding pads using this, and it's just amazing to me. Does anybody know of other synths that feature this?