Filter EG Range

Filter EG Range
« on: October 13, 2022, 10:13:02 AM »
Think this has been mentioned before.

Cutoff set at 0. Filter Env Amount at 10. Filter only opens 50-60%. Surely this can't be intentional behaviour ?

Could we please get a fix for this in a future update.

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: Filter EG Range
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 11:45:21 AM »
This is per the design of the original Prophet 5 and is intentional.  No 'fix' will be made.

Hope this clears things up!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 06:59:55 AM »
Had a feeling that might be the response.

This rigid adherence to the original design seems utterly unfathomable to me. It is a thoroughly bizarre limitation on any synth. Its a pity such an incredible synth is hampered by a few of these choices. Ah well.

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 07:07:24 AM »
Had a feeling that might be the response.

This rigid adherence to the original design seems utterly unfathomable to me. It is a thoroughly bizarre limitation on any synth. Its a pity such an incredible synth is hampered by a few of these choices. Ah well.

Well the Rev4 is, by design a reissue of a vintage instrument.  Near perfect replication of the original tone was the whole point of the instrument.  The Prophet 6 already existed and is a modern incantation that was not designed to clone the experience of the original or limited by that as far as features go.  Both instruments are great... its good that Sequential gives the buyer a choice.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 07:20:03 AM »
If you really want to push it further, you can use the polymod section to apply additional filter envelope to the filter. I will sometimes have patches where i leave a bit applied there so i have greater range with the knob in the filter section.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 02:33:11 AM »
If you really want to push it further, you can use the polymod section to apply additional filter envelope to the filter. I will sometimes have patches where i leave a bit applied there so i have greater range with the knob in the filter section.

yes but this comes with a limitation that you cant FM the VCO1 without adding the envelope

i do understand that plan was to create an reincarnation of the vintage Pro-5. But they made so many adjustments with velocity, aftertouch, stacks, switchable filter revisions, q-compensation, alt. tunings...  why not adding an option "extended Env Amount"?

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 02:57:34 AM »

yes but this comes with a limitation that you cant FM the VCO1 without adding the envelope

i do understand that plan was to create an reincarnation of the vintage Pro-5. But they made so many adjustments with velocity, aftertouch, stacks, switchable filter revisions, q-compensation, alt. tunings...  why not adding an option "extended Env Amount"?

Exactly. Why not do it..
It is at times a frustrating limitation on a wonderful synth.