Arpeggiator Question

-AJ-

Arpeggiator Question
« on: October 03, 2022, 07:39:05 PM »
I can't find the answer to this question in the manual. In order to sync the arpeggiator to an external source (Logic in this case), you have to change the Global Arp Clock setting (to USB for me). Once you do that, the Arpeggiator won't play until it receives a MIDI clock signal, which has to be set in Logic on a per-Project basis. I've got all of that working. Logic doesn't receive MIDI from the keyboard in this situation, but if I enter notes on the associated MIDI track in Logic, the arpeggiator plays, in sync with the Logic Project tempo.

The problem is, it seems like the OB-X8 only plays 16th notes when you run it from the outside. The Rate knob does nothing. So, I'm trying to figure out if there is any way to change that, to have it play 8th notes, 1/4 notes, etc, as you can with most arpeggiators.

If there is any way to do this, I'd appreciate some guidance. Like I said, I can't find it in the manual, I don't see any options in Global or Page 2 for it, and I can't find anything from messing with the controls.

Re: Arpeggiator Question
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 12:29:56 PM »
Yeah - the Pro3 has a divider I use on incoming midi clock and it's invaluable.  Would be nice to see this on the new unit.