Delay on first bar

SeleN

Delay on first bar
« on: September 25, 2022, 08:33:13 AM »
i have my pro3 clocked to the usamo and the midigal with its  constantclock feature when the DAW is stopped. that way the pro3 is always fed with midiclock, great with no arp "sync in" problems and so on. but i don't figure out why the delay effects always need a bar to get sounded right (actually they're some kind of "pitching" the first bar). any hints ?

Re: Delay on first bar
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 09:04:12 AM »
If the delay is synced, it probably needs clock info to know what the tempo is. It shouldn’t require a bar though—probably just 2 clock pulses.

SeleN

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 03:21:57 AM »
If the delay is synced, it probably needs clock info to know what the tempo is. It shouldn’t require a bar though—probably just 2 clock pulses.

Thats why i don’t understand the delay glitching: my pro is receiving clocks info (see my setup) even when the daw is stopped !

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 11:27:22 AM »

Thats why i don’t understand the delay glitching: my pro is receiving clocks info (see my setup) even when the daw is stopped !

I'm pretty sure I've noticed that my Pro3 sends out clock pulses even when it is not playing a sequence. Maybe double check for the signal looping back?  Maybe unplug everything but the MIDI input from the DAW?
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

SeleN

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 09:09:20 AM »
strange thing here: if i set the clock source to midi in syncs checkboxes in effs are greyed out but i can check them nevertheless, but with usb plugged the synths (bot Not sending clock info!) delay effs are slugish. pure usb clock sync there’s noticeable jittering which is prevented by clocking via audio clock triggered usamo midi clocks. it seems to me that a separate clocking via midi is disturbed by an concurrent usb (again though not sending midiclocks) connection…

SeleN

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2022, 07:52:02 AM »
Ok SOLVED !

The latest USAMO Plugin caused the problem ! so i went back on version 1.1.4 PHEEEW now i have my treasure perfect back !!! :)