Missing notes when playing chords

Missing notes when playing chords
« on: September 19, 2022, 10:52:30 AM »
Hi OB6’ers.

Sometimes when playing a chord, less than 6 notes , some of the notes is missing or isn’t triggered by the keyboard.
I’ve noticed it the other day when using the init(manual+write)preset but I’m sure that I experienced it with other presets as well.

Anyone with this problem or anyone with suggestions for a fix?

I’m on an OB6 keyboard, rocking 1.66 fw.

Cheers
Ringo

Re: Missing notes when playing chords
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 10:00:04 AM »
I haven't detected that.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 10:06:35 AM »
Have you confirmed your DAW etc is not echoing notes back to the keyboard (thus doubling notes and stealing polyphony)?
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 08:20:00 AM »
I’ll investigate the possibility since I got a midi looper hooked up to the ob6 so good possibility that I’ve been doing something wrong

kpatz

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 03:42:12 AM »
Hi OB6’ers.

Sometimes when playing a chord, less than 6 notes , some of the notes is missing or isn’t triggered by the keyboard.
I’ve noticed it the other day when using the init(manual+write)preset but I’m sure that I experienced it with other presets as well.

Anyone with this problem or anyone with suggestions for a fix?

I’m on an OB6 keyboard, rocking 1.66 fw.

Cheers
Ringo
Try setting Key Mode to LA-R (last with retrigger) in your patch.  With retrigger off, voices stolen from held notes don't have their envelopes retrigger.  This is especially noticeable when using the hold button or a sustain pedal on a patch with little/no envelope sustain, but a midi loop can also cause it as notes get doubled up.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 04:04:47 PM »
Hi!

I think I was having the exact same problem. Though, I was surprised, that the 'init-patch' (hold down 'manual' and 'write') didn't show the behaviour. Additionally, the 'missing note' seemed to follow a regular pattern, which reminded me a bit of 'paraphonic mode' of my Pro 3 (with one oscilator dialed down to zero).

Solution:
I wasn't using the Ob-6 as a stereo device, because I've just pluged in one channel (the left one).

So, to get rid of the problem, I can either:
- set the global 'mono/stereo' to mono, or
- dial down 'Pan Spread'

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 08:44:52 AM »
I disconnected the midi looper and it looks like that solved the problem. Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Best Ringo